Dynamic interdependence and volatility transmission of Asian stock markets: Evidence from the Asian crisis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Review of Financial Analysis.
Volume (Year): 10 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620166
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engle, Robert F & Ng, Victor K, 1993.
" Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1749-78, December.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor K. Ng, 1991. "Measuring and Testing the Impact of News on Volatility," NBER Working Papers 3681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koutmos, Gregory & Booth, G Geoffrey, 1995. "Asymmetric volatility transmission in international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 747-762, December.
- Kroner, Kenneth F & Ng, Victor K, 1998. "Modeling Asymmetric Comovements of Asset Returns," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(4), pages 817-44.
- Susmel, Raul & Engle, Robert F., 1994. "Hourly volatility spillovers between international equity markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-25, February.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Angelos Kanas, 1998. "Volatility spillovers across equity markets: European evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 245-256.
- Mike K.P. So & K. Lam & W.K. Li, 1997. "An Empirical Study of Volatility in Seven Southeast Asian Stock Markets Using ARV Models," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 261-276.
- Theodossiou, Panayiotis & Lee, Unro, 1993. "Mean and Volatility Spillovers across Major National Stock Markets: Further Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 16(4), pages 337-50, Winter.
- Abdul Hakim & Michael McAleer, 2010.
"Modelling the interactions across international stock, bond and foreign exchange markets,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(7), pages 825-850.
- Abdul Hakim & Michael McAleer, 2009. "Modelling the Interactions Across International Stock, Bond and Foreign Exchange Markets," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-663, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Abdul Hakim & Michael McAleer, 2009. "Modelling the Interactions Across International Stock, Bond and Foreign Exchange Markets," CARF F-Series CARF-F-170, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Valadkhani, Abbas & Chancharat, Surachai & Harvie, Charles, 2006. "The Interplay Between the Thai and Several Other International Stock Markets," Economics Working Papers wp06-18, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Kessara Thanyalakpark & Darren Filson, . "Testing for Contagion during the Asian Crisis," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2001-23, Claremont Colleges.
- Nikkinen, Jussi & Sahlstrom, Petri, 2004. "International transmission of uncertainty implicit in stock index option prices," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-15.
- Jeon, Bang Nam & Jang, Beom-Sik, 2004. "The linkage between the US and Korean stock markets: the case of NASDAQ, KOSDAQ, and the semiconductor stocks," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 319-340, September.
- In, Francis, 2007. "Volatility spillovers across international swap markets: The US, Japan, and the UK," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 329-341, April.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Stephen K. Pollard, 2009.
"Dynamic Stock Market Interactions between the Canadian, Mexican, and the United States Markets: The NAFTA Experience,"
0905, University of Nevada, Las Vegas , Department of Economics.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller & Stephen K. Pollard, 2008. "Dynamic Stock Market Interactions between the Canadian, Mexican, and the United States Markets: The NAFTA Experience," Working papers 2008-49, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Singh, Priyanka & Kumar, Brajesh & Pandey, Ajay, 2010. "Price and volatility spillovers across North American, European and Asian stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 55-64, January.
- Kim Liow & Zhiwei Chen & Jingran Liu, 2011. "Multiple Regimes and Volatility Transmission in Securitized Real Estate Markets," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 295-328, April.
- Chuang, I-Yuan & Lu, Jin-Ray & Tswei, Keshin, 2007. "Interdependence of international equity variances: Evidence from East Asian markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 311-327, December.
- Huseyin Tastan, 2005. "Dynamic Interdependence and Volatility Transmission in Turkish and European Equity Markets," Working Papers 2005/10, Turkish Economic Association.
- Priyanka Singh & Brajesh Kumar & Pandey, Ajay, . "Price and Volatility Spillovers across North American, European and Asian Stock Markets: With Special Focus on Indian Stock Market," IIMA Working Papers WP2008-12-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- In, Francis & Brown, Rob & Fang, Victor, 2003. "Modeling volatility and changes in the swap spread," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 545-561.
- Poshakwale, Sunil S. & Aquino, Katty Pérez, 2008. "The dynamics of volatility transmission and information flow between ADRs and their underlying stocks," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 187-201.
- Cristiana Tudor, 2011. "Changes in Stock Markets Interdependencies as a Result of the Global Financial Crisis: Empirical Investigation on the CEE Region," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 58(4), pages 525-543, December.
- Phengpis, Chanwit & Swanson, Peggy E., 2006. "Portfolio diversification effects of trading blocs: The case of NAFTA," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 315-331, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.