The efficiency of the National Electricity Board in Malaysia: An intercountry comparison using DEA
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Energy Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- P. Byrnes & R. Färe & S. Grosskopf, 1984. "Measuring Productive Efficiency: An Application to Illinois Strip Mines," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(6), pages 671-681, June.
- Hjalmarsson, Lennart & Veiderpass, Ann, 1992. " Productivity in Swedish Electricity Retail Distribution," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(0), pages S193-205, Supplemen.
- Weyman-Jones, Thomas G., 1991. "Productive efficiency in a regulated industry : The area electricity boards of England and Wales," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 116-122, April.
- Bjurek, Hans & Hjalmarsson, Lennart & Forsund, Finn R., 1990. "Deterministic parametric and nonparametric estimation of efficiency in service production : A comparison," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 213-227.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Lovell, C A Knox, 1983. " The Structure of Technical Efficiency," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 181-90.
- Mota, R.L., 2004. "‘Comparing Brazil and USA electricity performance; what was the impact of privatisation?’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0423, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Yin-Fang Zhang & David Parker & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2008.
"Electricity sector reform in developing countries: an econometric assessment of the effects of privatization, competition and regulation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 159-178, April.
- Zhang, Yin-Fang & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David, 2002. "Electricity Sector Reform in Developing Countries: An Econometric Assessment of the Effects of Privatisation, Competition and Regulation," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30593, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Yin-Fang Zhang & David Parker & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2005.
"Assessing the Effects of Privatisation, Competition and Regulation on Economic Performance: The Case of Electricity Sector Reform,"
SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series
0511, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Yin-Fang Zhang & David Parker & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2005. "Assessing the Effects of Privatisation, Competition and Regulation on Economic Performance : The Case of Electricity Sector Reform," Development Economics Working Papers 22589, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2001. "Benchmarking and Regulation of Electricity Transmission and Distribution Utilities: Lessons from International Experience," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0101, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2000. "Benchmarking and regulation: international electricity experience," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 107-130, September.
- Althaler, Karl S. & Slavova, Tatjana, 2000. "DEA Problems under Geometrical or Probability Uncertainties of Sample Data," Economics Series 89, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- See, Kok Fong & Coelli, Tim, 2014. "Total factor productivity analysis of a single vertically integrated electricity utility in Malaysia using a Törnqvist index method," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 62-72.
- Rossi, Martin Antonio & Ruzzier, Christian Alejandro, 2000. "On the regulatory application of efficiency measures," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 81-92, June.
- See, Kok Fong & Coelli, Tim, 2013. "Estimating and decomposing productivity growth of the electricity generation industry in Malaysia: A stochastic frontier analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 207-214.
- Wang, Yi-Shu & Xie, Bai-Chen & Shang, Li-Feng & Li, Wen-Hua, 2013. "Measures to improve the performance of China’s thermal power industry in view of cost efficiency," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1078-1086.
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W. & Poh, K.L., 2008. "Measuring environmental performance under different environmental DEA technologies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Vaninsky, Alexander, 2006. "Efficiency of electric power generation in the United States: Analysis and forecast based on data envelopment analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 326-338, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.