Deterministic parametric and nonparametric estimation of efficiency in service production : A comparison
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 46 (1990)
Issue (Month): 1-2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hailu, Atakelty & Veeman, Terrence S., 2000. "Environmentally Sensitive Productivity Analysis of the Canadian Pulp and Paper Industry, 1959-1994: An Input Distance Function Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 251-274, November.
- Burki, Abid A. & Terrell, Dek, 1998. "Measuring production efficiency of small firms in Pakistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 155-169, January.
- Hseu, Jiing-Shyang & Shang, Jui-Kou, 2005. "Productivity changes of pulp and paper industry in OECD countries, 1991-2000: a non-parametric Malmquist approach," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 411-422, March.
- Madau, Fabio A., 2012. "Technical and scale efficiency in the Italian Citrus Farming: A comparison between Stochastic Frontier Analysis (SFA) and Data Envelopment Analysis(DEA) Models," MPRA Paper 41403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- Giokas, Dimitris I., 2008. "Assessing the efficiency in operations of a large Greek bank branch network adopting different economic behaviors," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 559-574, May.
- Bjurek, Hans & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1995. "Productivity in multiple output public service: A quadratic frontier function and Malmquist index approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 447-460, March.
- Yunos, Jamaluddin Mohd & Hawdon, David, 1997. "The efficiency of the National Electricity Board in Malaysia: An intercountry comparison using DEA," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 255-269, May.
- Andrew Worthington & Brian Dollery, 2000. "Efficiency Measurement in the Local Public Sector: Econometric and Mathematical Programming Frontier Techniques," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 078, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Don U.A. Galagedera, 2004. "A Survey On Investment Performance Appraisal Methods With Special Reference To Data Envelopment Analysis," Finance 0406013, EconWPA.
- Ylvinger, Svante, 2000. "Industry performance and structural efficiency measures: Solutions to problems in firm models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 121(1), pages 164-174, February.
- Thursby, J.G. & Kemp, S., 1998. "An Analysis of Productive Efficiency of University Commercialization Activities," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1111, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Gary Ferrier & Hervé Leleu & Vivian Valdmanis, 2010. "The impact of CON regulation on hospital efficiency," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 84-100, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.