Efficient market-clearing prices in markets with nonconvexities
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 164 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herbert Scarf, 1994.
"The Allocation of Resources in the Presence of Indivisibilities,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 111-128, Fall.
- Herbert E. Scarf, 1994. "The Allocation of Resources in the Presence of Indivisibilities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1068, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- A. M. Geoffrion & R. Nauss, 1977. "Exceptional Paper--Parametric and Postoptimality Analysis in Integer Linear Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(5), pages 453-466, January.
- Johnson, Raymond B. & Oren, Shmuel S. & Svoboda, Alva J., 1997. "Equity and efficiency of unit commitment in competitive electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 9-19, March.
- Hobbs, Benjamin F, et al, 2000. "Evaluation of a Truthful Revelation Auction in the Context of Energy Markets with Nonconcave Benefits," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 5-32, July.
- Crema, Alejandro, 1995. "Average shadow price in a mixed integer linear programming problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 625-635, September.
- Takayama,Akira, 1985. "Mathematical Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314985.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, September.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Mamer, John W., 1997. "Competitive Equilibrium in an Exchange Economy with Indivisibilities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 385-413, June.
- Brown,Stephen J. & Sibley,David Sumner, 1986. "The Theory of Public Utility Pricing," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521314008.
- Leonard, Herman B, 1983. "Elicitation of Honest Preferences for the Assignment of Individuals to Positions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 461-79, June.
- Severin Borenstein & James Bushnell, 1998.
"An Empirical Analysis of the Potential for Market Power in California's Electricity Industry,"
NBER Working Papers
6463, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borenstein, Severin & Bushnell, James, 1999. "An Empirical Analysis of the Potential for Market Power in California's Electricity Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(3), pages 285-323, September.
- Fernández-Blanco, Ricardo & Arroyo, José M. & Alguacil, Natalia, 2014. "Consumer payment minimization under uniform pricing: A mixed-integer linear programming approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 676-686.
- Kory Hedman & Shmuel Oren & Richard O’Neill, 2011. "Optimal transmission switching: economic efficiency and market implications," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 111-140, October.
- Brennan, Timothy J. & Palmer, Karen L., 2013.
"Energy efficiency resource standards: Economics and policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 58-68.
- Brennan, Timothy J. & Palmer, Karen, 2012. "Energy Efficiency Resource Standards: Economics and Policy," Discussion Papers dp-12-10, Resources For the Future.
- SMEERS, Yves, 2005. "Long term locational prices and investment incentives in the transmission of electricity," CORE Discussion Papers 2005030, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Araoz, Veronica & Jörnsten, Kurt, 2011. "Semi-Lagrangean approach for price discovery in markets with non-convexities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(2), pages 411-417, October.
- Pereira, Amaro Olimpio & Cunha da Costa, Ricardo & Costa, Cláudia do Vale & Marreco, Juliana de Moraes & La Rovere, Emílio Lèbre, 2013. "Perspectives for the expansion of new renewable energy sources in Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 49-59.
- Ludwig Kuntz & Felix Müsgens, 2007. "Modelling start-up costs of multiple technologies in electricity markets," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 66(1), pages 21-32, August.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Rodney Boyd & Thilo Grau & Julian Barquin & Francisco Echavarren & Janusz Bialek & Chris Dent & Christian von Hirschhausen & Benjamin Hobbs & Friedrich Kunz & Hannes Weigt & Christia, 2011.
"Renewable Electric Energy Integration: Quantifying the Value of Design of Markets for International Transmission Capacity,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1166, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Neuhoff, Karsten & Barquin, Julian & Bialek, Janusz W. & Boyd, Rodney & Dent, Chris J. & Echavarren, Francisco & Grau, Thilo & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Kunz, Friedrich & Nabe, 2013. "Renewable electric energy integration: Quantifying the value of design of markets for international transmission capacity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 760-772.
- Tuohy, A. & O'Malley, M., 2011. "Pumped storage in systems with very high wind penetration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 1965-1974, April.
- Emili Grifell-Tatjé & Kristiaan Kerstens, 2007.
"Incentive Regulation and the Role of Convexity in Benchmarking Electricity Distribution: Economists versus Engineers,"
2007-ECO-01, IESEG School of Management.
- Emili GRIFELL-TATJ� & Kristiaan KERSTENS, 2008. "Incentive Regulation And The Role Of Convexity In Benchmarking Electricity Distribution: Economists Versus Engineers," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 79(2), pages 227-248, 06.
- Leimbach, Marian & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2007. "Technological spillovers within multi-region models: Intertemporal optimization beyond the Negishi approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 272-294, March.
- Ramteen Sioshansi & Emma Nicholson, 2011. "Towards equilibrium offers in unit commitment auctions with nonconvex costs," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 41-61, August.
- Richard O’Neill & Emily Fisher & Benjamin Hobbs & Ross Baldick, 2008. "Towards a complete real-time electricity market design," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 220-250, December.
- Jan Abrell & Hannes Weigt, 2012. "Combining Energy Networks," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 377-401, September.
- Steven Gabriel & Sauleh Siddiqui & Antonio Conejo & Carlos Ruiz, 2013. "Solving Discretely-Constrained Nash–Cournot Games with an Application to Power Markets," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 307-326, September.
- Sioshansi, Ramteen & Oren, Shmuel & O'Neill, Richard, 2010. "Three-part auctions versus self-commitment in day-ahead electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 165-173, December.
- Andrianesis, Panagiotis & Liberopoulos, George & Sakellaris, Kostis & Vlachos, Andreas, 2008. "Impact of Reserve and Fixed Costs on the Day-Ahead Scheduling Problem in Greece’s Electricity Market," MPRA Paper 21426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- VAN VYVE, Mathieu, 2011. "Linear prices for non-convex electricity markets: models and algorithms," CORE Discussion Papers 2011050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- SMEERS, Yves, 2005. "How well can one measure market power in restructured electricity systems ?," CORE Discussion Papers 2005050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.