Simple formulas for the expected costs in the newsboy problem: An educational note
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Operational Research.
Volume (Year): 100 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hing-Ling Lau, Amy & Lau, Hon-Shiang & Willett, Keith D., 2000. "Demand uncertainty and returns policies for a seasonal product: An alternative model," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 1-12, June.
- Khouja, Moutaz, 1999. "The single-period (news-vendor) problem: literature review and suggestions for future research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 537-553, October.
- Kevork, Ilias S., 2010. "Estimating the optimal order quantity and the maximum expected profit for single-period inventory decisions," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 218-227, June.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias, 2012. "Evaluating alternative frequentist inferential approaches for optimal order quantities in the newsvendor model under exponential demand," MPRA Paper 39650, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias, 2012. "Validity and precision of estimates in the classical newsvendor model with exponential and rayleigh demand," MPRA Paper 36460, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias, 2012. "Evaluating alternative estimators for optimal order quantities in the newsvendor model with skewed demand," MPRA Paper 36205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias, 2012. "The classical newsvendor model under normal demand with large coefficients of variation," MPRA Paper 40414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kumar Satyendra & Venkata Rao, V. & Tirupati Devanath, . "Multiple products, multiple constraints, single period inventory problem: A Hierarchical solution procedure," IIMA Working Papers WP2003-11-03, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias, 2011. "Non-negative demand in newsvendor models:The case of singly truncated normal samples," MPRA Paper 31842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George & Kevork, Ilias & Tziourtzioumis, Chris, 2014. "On the convexity of the cost function for the (Q,R) inventory model," MPRA Paper 55675, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Su, Rung Hung & Pearn, Wen Lea, 2011. "Product selection for newsboy-type products with normal demands and unequal costs," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 214-222, August.
- Khouja, Moutaz & Robbins, Stephanie S., 2003. "Linking advertising and quantity decisions in the single-period inventory model," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 93-105, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.