Linking advertising and quantity decisions in the single-period inventory model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Journal of Production Economics.
Volume (Year): 86 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert Alan Leitch, 1974. "Marketing Strategy and the Optimal Production Schedule," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 302-312, November.
- Khouja, Moutaz, 1995. "The newsboy problem under progressive multiple discounts," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 458-466, July.
- Ravi Kumar, K. & Hadjinicola, George C., 1996. "Resource allocation to defensive marketing and manufacturing strategies," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 453-466, November.
- Hon-Shiang Lau, 1997. "Simple formulas for the expected costs in the newsboy problem: An educational note," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 557-561, August.
- Weatherford, LR & Pfeifer, PE, 1994. "The economic value of using advance booking of orders," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 105-111, January.
- Evan L. Porteus & Seungjin Whang, 1991. "On Manufacturing/Marketing Incentives," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(9), pages 1166-1181, September.
- Abad, P. L., 1987. "A hierarchical optimal control model for co-ordination of functional decisions in a firm," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 62-75, October.
- Lee, Chih-Ming & Hsu, Shu-Lu, 2011. "The effect of advertising on the distribution-free newsboy problem," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 217-224, January.
- Lu, Jye-Chyi & Tsao, Yu-Chung & Charoensiriwath, Chayakrit & Dong, Ming, 2012. "Dynamic decision-making in a two-stage supply chain with repeated transactions," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 211-225.
- Güler, M. Güray, 2014. "A note on: “The effect of optimal advertising on the distribution-free newsboy problem”," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 148(C), pages 90-92.
- Khanra, Avijit, . "Multi-product newsboy problem with satiation objective," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-01-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Chen, Liang-Hsuan & Chen, Ying-Che, 2010. "A multiple-item budget-constraint newsboy problem with a reservation policy," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 431-439, December.
- repec:iim:iimawp:12794 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khanra, Avijit & Soman, Chetan A., . "Heuristics for the multi-product satiating newsboy problem," IIMA Working Papers WP2014-01-02, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Giri, B.C. & Sharma, S., 2014. "Manufacturer's pricing strategy in a two-level supply chain with competing retailers and advertising cost dependent demand," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 102-111.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.