Statistical inference for poverty measures with relative poverty lines
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 101 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buhong Zheng, 1999. "On the power of poverty orderings," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 349-371.
- Foster, James E. & Shorrocks, Anthony F., 1988. "Inequality and poverty orderings," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 654-661, March.
- Blackburn, McKinley L, 1994. "International Comparisons of Poverty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 371-74, May.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
NBER Working Papers
6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-48, September.
- Zheng, Buhong, 2000. " Poverty Orderings," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 427-66, September.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. I," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 416-442, June.
- Clark, Stephen & Hemming, Richard & Ulph, David, 1981. "On Indices for the Measurement of Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 91(362), pages 515-26, June.
- McDonald, James B, 1984. "Some Generalized Functions for the Size Distribution of Income," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 647-63, May.
- Bishop, John A & Chow, K Victor & Zheng, Buhong, 1995. "Statistical Inference and Decomposable Poverty Measures," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 329-40, October.
- Zheng, Buhong, 2000. "Minimum Distribution-Sensitivity, Poverty Aversion, and Poverty Orderings," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 116-137, November.
- Fisher, Gordon & Willson, Douglas & Xu, Kuan, 1998. "An empirical analysis of term premiums using significance tests for stochastic dominance," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 195-203, August.
- Wolak, Frank A., 1989. "Testing inequality constraints in linear econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 205-235, June.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Chakravarty, Satya R., 1983. "A new index of poverty," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 307-313, December.
- Foster, James E & Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1988. "Poverty Orderings," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(1), pages 173-77, January.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-64, July.
- Bishop, John A & Formby, John P & Zheng, Buhong, 1997. "Statistical Inference and the Sen Index of Poverty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(2), pages 381-87, May.
- Kolm, Serge-Christophe, 1976. "Unequal inequalities. II," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 82-111, August.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-31, March.
- Zheng, Buhong, 1997. " Aggregate Poverty Measures," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(2), pages 123-62, June.
- Thon, Dominique, 1979. "On Measuring Poverty," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 25(4), pages 429-39, December.
- Celso Nunes, 2008. "Poverty Measurement: The Development of Different Approaches and Its Techniques," Working Papers 93, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Brennan Thompson, 2010. "Statistical inference for vector measures of inequality and poverty," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 451-462, December.
- Debopam Bhattacharya & Bhashkar Mazumder, 2007. "Nonparametric analysis of intergenerational income mobility with application to the United States," Working Paper Series WP-07-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Thuysbaert, Bram & Zitikis, Ricardas, 2005. "Consistent Testing for Poverty Dominance," Working Paper Series RP2005/64, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Christophe Muller, 2005.
"Defining Poverty Lines As A Fraction Of Central Tendency,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2005-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Christophe Muller, 2006. "Defining Poverty Lines As a Fraction of Central Tendency," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 720-729, January.
- Kenneth R. Simler & Channing Arndt, 2007.
"Poverty Comparisons With Absolute Poverty Lines Estimated From Survey Data,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(2), pages 275-294, 06.
- Simler. Kenneth R. & Arndt, Channing, 2006. "Poverty comparisons with absolute poverty lines estimated from survey data," FCND discussion papers 211, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bram Thuysbaert, 2008. "Inference for the measurement of poverty in the presence of a stochastic weighting variable," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 33-55, March.
- Tim Goedemé, 2013. "How much Confidence can we have in EU-SILC? Complex Sample Designs and the Standard Error of the Europe 2020 Poverty Indicators," Social Indicators Research, Springer, vol. 110(1), pages 89-110, January.
- Buhong Zheng, 2004. "Poverty comparisons with dependent samples," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 419-428.
- Marcelo Arbex & Enlinson Mattos, 2010. "Poverty and the Optimal General Income Tax-cum-Audit Policy," Working Papers 02-2010, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- James Foster & Joel Greer & Erik Thorbecke, 2010. "The Foster–Greer–Thorbecke (FGT) poverty measures: 25 years later," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 491-524, December.
- Michał Brzeziński, 2013. "Variance estimation for richness measures," Working Papers 2013-03, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Mehdi, Tahsin & Stengos, Thanasis, 2014. "Empirical likelihood-based inference for the generalized entropy class of inequality measures," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 54-57.
- James Foster & Joel Greer & Erik Thorbecke, 2010. "The Foster-Greer-Thorbecke (FGT) Poverty Measures: Twenty-Five Years Later," Working Papers 2010-14, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.