Can small menu costs explain sticky prices?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics Letters.
Volume (Year): 87 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fishman, A., 1995.
"Search with Learning and Price Adjustment Dynamics,"
18-95, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Fishman, Arthur, 1996. "Search with Learning and Price Adjustment Dynamics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 111(1), pages 253-68, February.
- Ball, Laurence & Romer, David, 1991.
"Sticky Prices as Coordination Failure,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 539-52, June.
- David Neumark & Steven A. Sharpe, 1989.
"Market structure and the nature of price rigidity: evidence from the market for consumer deposits,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
52, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Neumark, David & Sharpe, Steven A, 1992. "Market Structure and the Nature of Price Rigidity: Evidence from the Market for Consumer Deposits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 657-80, May.
- Peter A. Diamond, 1988.
"Search, Sticky Prices, and Inflation,"
509, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Laurence Ball & David Romer, 1987.
"The Equilibrium and Optimal Timing of Price Changes,"
NBER Working Papers
2432, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ball, Laurence & Romer, David, 1989. "The Equilibrium and Optimal Timing of Price Changes," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 179-98, April.
- Laurence Ball & David Romer, 1989. "The Equilibrium and Optimal Timing of Price Changes," NBER Working Papers 2412, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borenstein, Severin & Cameron, A Colin & Gilbert, Richard, 1997.
"Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 112(1), pages 305-39, February.
- Severin Borenstein & A. Colin Cameron, 1992. "Do Gasoline Prices Respond Asymmetrically to Crude Oil Price Changes?," NBER Working Papers 4138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fishman, A., 1988.
"Search Technology, Staggered Price Setting And Price Dispersion,"
28-88, Tel Aviv.
- Fishman, Arthur, 1992. "Search Technology, Staggered Price-Setting, and Price Dispersion," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 287-98, March.
- Sheshinski, Eytan & Weiss, Yoram, 1977. "Inflation and Costs of Price Adjustment," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 287-303, June.
- Benabou, Roland, 1988. "Search, Price Setting and Inflation," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(3), pages 353-76, July.
- Cooper, Russell & John, Andrew, 1988. "Coordinating Coordination Failures in Keynesian Models," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 103(3), pages 441-63, August.
- Weber, Sascha A. & Anders, Sven, 2005.
"Price Rigidity and Market Power in German Retailing,"
2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark
24721, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sascha A. Weber & Sven M. Anders, 2007. "Price rigidity and market power in German retailing," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 737-749.
- Weber, Sascha A. & Anders, Sven, 2007. "Price Rigidity and Market Power in German Retailing," Discussion Papers 31, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Center for international Development and Environmental Research (ZEU).
- Bruchez, Pierre-Alain, 2007. "Small price change response to a large devaluation in a menu cost model," MPRA Paper 3541, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christopher Douglas & Ana Mar�a Herrera, 2010. "Why are gasoline prices sticky? A test of alternative models of price adjustment," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(6), pages 903-928.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.