The second law, the fourth law, recycling and limits to growth
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Ecological Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Binswanger, Mathias, 1993. "From microscopic to macroscopic theories: entropic aspects of ecological and economic processes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 209-233, December.
- Ayres, Robert U. & Miller, Steven M., 1980. "The role of technological change," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 353-371, December.
- Solow, Robert M, 1974. "The Economics of Resources or the Resources of Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 1-14, May.
- Bianciardi, C. & Tiezzi, E. & Ulgiati, S., 1993. "Complete recycling of matter in the frameworks of physics, biology and ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-5, August.
- Ayres, Robert, 1997. "Comments on Georgescu-Roegen," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 285-287, September.
- O'Connor, Martin, 1991. "Entropy, structure, and organisational change," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 95-122, July.
- Cleveland, Cutler J. & Ruth, Matthias, 1997. "When, where, and by how much do biophysical limits constrain the economic process?: A survey of Nicholas Georgescu-Roegen's contribution to ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 203-223, September.
- Sollner, Fritz, 1997. "A reexamination of the role of thermodynamics for environmental economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 175-201, September.
- Daly, Herman E., 1992. "Is the entropy law relevant to the economics of natural resource scarcity?-- yes, of course it is!," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 91-95, July.
- Craig, Paul P., 2001. "Energy limits on recycling," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 373-384, March.
- Pittel, Karen & Amigues, Jean-Pierre & Kuhn, Thomas, 2010. "Recycling under a material balance constraint," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 379-394, August.
- Sousa, Tania & Domingos, Tiago, 2006. "Is neoclassical microeconomics formally valid? An approach based on an analogy with equilibrium thermodynamics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 160-169, June.
- Kushnir, Duncan & Sandén, Björn A., 2012. "The time dimension and lithium resource constraints for electric vehicles," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 93-103.
- Malghan, Deepak, 2011. "A dimensionally consistent aggregation framework for biophysical metrics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(5), pages 900-909, March.
- Balocco, C. & Papeschi, S. & Grazzini, G. & Basosi, R., 2004. "Using exergy to analyze the sustainability of an urban area," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 231-244, February.
- Ayres, Robert U., 2007. "On the practical limits to substitution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 115-128, February.
- Lux, Kenneth, 2003. "The failure of the profit motive," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1-9, February.
- Cogoy, Mario, 2009. "A Model of Eco-Efficiency and Recycling," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 3(21), pages 1-30.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.