Impatience and equilibrium indeterminacy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 30 (2006)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wen, Yi, 2001.
"Understanding self-fulfilling rational expectations equilibria in real business cycle models,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1221-1240, August.
- Wen, Yi, 2000. "Understanding Self-Fulfilling Rational Expectations Equilibria in Real Business Cycle Models," Working Papers 00-02, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Boldrin, Michele & Rustichini, Aldo, 1994.
"Growth and Indeterminacy in Dynamic Models with Externalities,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 323-42, March.
- Michele Boldrin & Aldo Rustichini, 2010. "Growth and Indeterminacy in Dynamic Models with Externalities," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1382, David K. Levine.
- Ogawa, Kazuo, 1993. "Economic development and time preference schedule : The case of Japan and East Asian NICs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 175-195, October.
- Timothy J. Kehoe, 1991.
"Computation and multiplicity of equilibria,"
460, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Sergio Rebelo, 1999.
"Long Run Policy Analysis and Long Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2114, David K. Levine.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & David K. Levine & Paul M. Romer, 1990.
"On characterizing equilibria of economies with externalities and taxes as solutions to optimization problems,"
436, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kehoe, Timothy J & Levine, David K & Romer, Paul M, 1992. "On Characterizing Equilibria of Economies with Externalities and Taxes as Solutions to Optimization Problems," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 43-68, January.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2002.
"Closing Small Open Economy Models,"
NBER Working Papers
9270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín, 2002. "Closing Small Open Economy Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 3096, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2001. "Closing Small Open Economy Models," Departmental Working Papers 200115, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Becker, Gary S & Mulligan, Casey B, 1997. "The Endogenous Determination of Time Preference," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 112(3), pages 729-58, August.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe, 1998.
"Endogenous business cycles and the dynamics of output, hours, and consumption,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1998-19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe, 2000. "Endogenous Business Cycles and the Dynamics of Output, Hours, and Consumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1136-1159, December.
- Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie, 1999. "Endogenous Business Cycles and the Dynamics of Output, Hours, and Consumption," CEPR Discussion Papers 2315, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe, 1999. "Endogenous business cycles and the dynamics of output, hours, and consumption," Departmental Working Papers 199915, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Drugeon, Jean-Pierre, 1996. "Impatience and long-run growth," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 281-313.
- Epstein, Larry G., 1987. "A simple dynamic general equilibrium model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 68-95, February.
- Benhabib, Jess & Farmer, Roger E.A., 1999. "Indeterminacy and sunspots in macroeconomics," Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 387-448 Elsevier.
- Benhabib, Jess & Farmer, Roger E.A., 1991.
"Indeterminacy and Increasing Returns,"
91-59, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Farmer, Roger E. A. & Jang-Ting, Guo, 1995.
"The econometrics of indeterminacy: an applied study,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 225-271, December.
- Roger E.A. Farmer, 1994. "The Econometrics of Indeterminacy: An Applied Study," UCLA Economics Working Papers 720, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Andrew A. Samwick, 1997.
"Discount Rate Heterogeneity and Social Security Reform,"
NBER Working Papers
6219, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Samwick, Andrew A., 1998. "Discount rate heterogeneity and social security reform," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 117-146, October.
- Jean-Pierre Drugeon, 1998. "A model with endogenously determined cycles, discounting and growth," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 349-369.
- Bill Dupor & Wen-Fang Liu, 2003. "Jealousy and Equilibrium Overconsumption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 423-428, March.
- Benhabib, Jess & Wen, Yi, 2001.
"Indeterminacy, Aggregate Demand, and the Real Business Cycle,"
01-09r, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Benhabib, Jess & Wen, Yi, 2004. "Indeterminacy, aggregate demand, and the real business cycle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 503-530, April.
- Lucas, Robert Jr. & Stokey, Nancy L., 1984.
"Optimal growth with many consumers,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 139-171, February.
- Shouyong Shi, 1999. "Fashion and wealth accumulation," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 439-461.
- Palivos, Theodore & Wang, Ping & Zhang, Jianbo, 1997. "On the Existence of Balanced Growth Equilibrium," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(1), pages 205-24, February.
- Taketo Kawagishi & Kazuo Mino, 2012. "Time Preference and Long-Run Growth: the Role of Patience Capital," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3243-3249.
- Wei-Bin Zhang, 2013. "Habit Formation and Preference Change with Capital and Renewable Resources," Business Systems Research, Society for Promotion of Business Information Technology (BIT), vol. 4(2), pages 108-125.
- Eugenia Vella & Evangelos V. Dioikitopoulos & Sarantis Kalyvitis, 2012.
"Green Spending Reforms, Growth and Welfare with Endogenous Subjective Discounting,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c017_045, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Eugenia Vella & Evangelos Dioikitopoulos & Sarantis Kalyvitis, . "Green Spending Reforms, Growth and Welfare with Endogenous Subjective Discounting," DEOS Working Papers 1335, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Been-Lon Chen & Mei Hsu & Chia-Hui Lu, 2008.
"Inflation and Growth: Impatience and a Qualitative Equivalence,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(6), pages 1309-1323, 09.
- Been-Lon Chen & Mei Hsu & Chia-Hui Lu, 2007. "Inflation and Growth: Impatience and a Qualitative Equivalence," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 07-A007, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Yanase, Akihiko, 2011. "Impatience, pollution, and indeterminacy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1789-1799, October.
- Chen, Been-Lon & Hsu, Mei, 2009. "Consumption externality, efficiency and optimal taxation in one-sector growth model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1328-1334, November.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007. "Socially determined time preference in discrete time," MPRA Paper 3442, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Yi Wen, 2007.
"A note on oil dependence and economic instability,"
2006-060, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Wei-Bin ZHANG, 2012. "Habits, Saving Propensity, And Economic Growth," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 11(2), pages 3-15.
- Taketo Kawagishi, 2012. "Investment for Patience in an Endogenous Growth Model," KIER Working Papers 814, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Borissov, Kirill, 2013. "Growth and distribution in a model with endogenous time preferences and borrowing constraints," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 117-128.
- Schumacher, Ingmar & Zou, Benteng, 2008. "Pollution perception: A challenge for intergenerational equity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 296-309, May.
- Choi, Horag & Mark, Nelson C. & Sul, Donggyu, 2008.
"Endogenous discounting, the world saving glut and the U.S. current account,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 30-53, May.
- Horag Choi & Nelson C. Mark & Donggyu Sul, 2007. "Endogenous Discounting, the World Saving Glut and the U.S. Current Account," NBER Working Papers 13571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kirill Borissov, 2013. "The existence of equilibrium paths in an AK-model with endogenous time preferences and borrowing constraints," EUSP Deparment of Economics Working Paper Series Ec-01/13, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- Orlando Gomes, 2008. "Time Preference and Cyclical Endogenous Growth in an AK Growth Model," Notas Económicas, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra, issue 28, pages 32-55, December.
- Kirill Borissov, 2011. "Growth and Distribution in a Model with Endogenous Time Peferences and Borrowing Constraints," DEGIT Conference Papers c016_073, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Gomes, Orlando, 2007. "Time preference and cyclical endogenous growth," MPRA Paper 3282, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.