Optimal portfolios under a value-at-risk constraint
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 28 (2004)
Issue (Month): 7 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, 03.
- Foster, Jarred, 2011. "Target variation in a loss avoiding pension fund problem," MPRA Paper 36177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Baptista, Alexandre M., 2009. "Stress testing by financial intermediaries: Implications for portfolio selection and asset pricing," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 65-92, January.
- repec:ecu:wpaper:2008-04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Traian A. Pirvu & Gordan Zitkovic, 2007. "Maximizing the Growth Rate under Risk Constraints," Papers 0706.0480, arXiv.org.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Baptista, Alexandre M. & Yan, Shu, 2012. "When more is less: Using multiple constraints to reduce tail risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 2693-2716.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Baptista, Alexandre M. & Yan, Shu, 2014. "Bank regulation and international financial stability: A case against the 2006 Basel framework for controlling tail risk in trading books," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 107-130.
- Chen, Shumin & Li, Zhongfei & Li, Kemian, 2010. "Optimal investment-reinsurance policy for an insurance company with VaR constraint," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 144-153, October.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Baptista, Alexandre M., 2006. "Does the Basle Capital Accord reduce bank fragility? An assessment of the value-at-risk approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(7), pages 1631-1660, October.
- Fulbert, Tchana Tchana & Georges, Tsafack, 2013. "The Implications of VaR and Short-Selling Restrictions on the Portfolio Manager Performance," MPRA Paper 43797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ecu:wpaper:2008-03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Foster, Jarred & Krawczyk, Jacek B, 2013. "Sensitivity of cautious-relaxed investment policies to target variation," Working Paper Series 2972, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.