The economics of rotating savings and credit associations: evidence from the Jamaican 'Partner'
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 60 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olivier Dagnelie & Philippe LeMay-Boucher, 2007. "ROSCA Participation in Benin: A Commitment Issue," CERT Discussion Papers 0708, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- N. S. Chiteji, 2002. "Promises kept: enforcement and the role of rotating savings and credit associations in an economy," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 393-411.
- Kedir, Abbi M. & Disney, Richard & Dasgupta, Indraneel, 2011.
"Why Use ROSCAs When You Can Use Banks? Theory and Evidence from Ethiopia,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5767, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Abbi Kedir & Richard Disney & Indraneel Dasgupta, . "Why Use Roscas When You Can Use Banks? Theory And Evidence From Ethiopia," Discussion Papers 11/05, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Abbi M Kedir & Richard Disney & Indraneel Dasgupta, 2011. "Why use ROSCAs when you can use banks? Theory, and evidence from Ethiopia," Discussion Papers in Economics 11/32, Department of Economics, University of Leicester, revised Jun 2011.
- Yener Altunbas & John Thornton & Alper Kara, 2010. "What Determines Financial Exclusion? Evidence from Bolivian Household Data," Working Papers 10018, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Ambec, Stefan & Treich, Nicolas, 2007.
"Roscas as Financial Agreements to Cope with Self-Control Problems,"
Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole
http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Ambec, Stefan & Treich, Nicolas, 2007. "Roscas as financial agreements to cope with self-control problems," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 120-137, January.
- Stefan Klonner, 2003. "Empirical Analysis of Rosca Auctions in a South Indian Village," Working Papers 854, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Olivier Dagnelie & Philippe Lemay‐Boucher, 2012.
"Rosca Participation in Benin: A Commitment Issue,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 74(2), pages 235-252, 04.
- Olivier Dagnelie & Philippe LeMay, 2005. "Rosca Participation in Benin : a Commitment Issue," Development and Comp Systems 0511026, EconWPA.
- Olivier Dagnelie & Philippe LeMay-Boucher, 2008. "Rosca Participation in Benin: a Commitment Issue," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 735.08, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Olivier Dagnelie & Philippe LeMay-Boucher, 2008. "Rosca Participation in Benin: a Commitment Issue," Working Papers 339, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Karna Basu, 2011.
"Hyperbolic Discounting and the Sustainability of Rotational Savings Arrangements,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 143-71, November.
- Basu, Karna, 2008. "Hyperbolic discounting and the sustainability of rotational savings arrangements," MPRA Paper 20440, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anderson, Siwan & Baland, Jean-Marie & Moene, Karl Ove, 2009. "Enforcement in informal saving groups," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 14-23, September.
- A. Lasagni & E. Lollo, 2011. "Participation in Rotating Savings and Credit Associations in Indonesia: New Empirical Evidence on Social Capital," Economics Department Working Papers 2011-EP05, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Stefan Klonner, 2000. "Rotating Savings and Credit Associations as Insurance," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1589, Econometric Society.
- Kirkpatrick, Colin & Tennant, David, 2002. "Responding to Financial Crisis: The Case of Jamaica," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1933-1950, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.