Setting up alternating least squares and iterative majorization algorithms for solving various matrix optimization problems
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Computational Statistics & Data Analysis.
Volume (Year): 41 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norman Cliff, 1966. "Orthogonal rotation to congruence," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 33-42, March.
- Henk Kiers & Jos Berge, 1992. "Minimization of a class of matrix trace functions by means of refined majorization," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 57(3), pages 371-382, September.
- Henk Kiers, 1990. "Majorization as a tool for optimizing a class of matrix functions," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 417-428, September.
- Jos Berge & Klaas Nevels, 1977. "A general solution to Mosier's oblique procrustes problem," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 593-600, December.
- Henk Kiers, 1995. "Maximization of sums of quotients of quadratic forms and some generalizations," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 60(2), pages 221-245, June.
- Jan Leeuw, 1988. "Convergence of the majorization method for multidimensional scaling," Journal of Classification, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 163-180, September.
- Raoul Pietersz & Patrick Groenen, 2004.
"Rank reduction of correlation matrices by majorization,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(6), pages 649-662.
- Pietersz, R. & Groenen, P.J.F., 2004. "Rank reduction of correlation matrices by majorization," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2004-11, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Raoul Pietersz & Patrick J. F. Groenen, 2005. "Rank Reduction of Correlation Matrices by Majorization," Finance 0502006, EconWPA.
- Qingna Li & Houduo Qi & Naihua Xiu, 2011. "Block relaxation and majorization methods for the nearest correlation matrix with factor structure," Computational Optimization and Applications, Springer, vol. 50(2), pages 327-349, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.