Corporate social reporting and stakeholder accountability: The missing link
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 32 (2007)
Issue (Month): 7-8 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Unerman, Jeffrey & Bennett, Mark, 2004. "Increased stakeholder dialogue and the internet: towards greater corporate accountability or reinforcing capitalist hegemony?," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 685-707, October.
- Roberts, John, 1991. "The possibilities of accountability," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 355-368.
- Power, Michael & Laughlin, Richard, 1996. "Habermas, law and accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 441-465, July.
- Sinclair, Amanda, 1995. "The chameleon of accountability: Forms and discourses," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(2-3), pages 219-237.
- Benston, George J., 1982. "Accounting and corporate accountability," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 87-105, April.
- Cooper, David J. & Sherer, Michael J., 1984. "The value of corporate accounting reports: Arguments for a political economy of accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(3-4), pages 207-232, October.
- Christopher Stoney, 2001. "Stakeholding: Confusion or Utopia? Mapping the Conceptual Terrain," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(5), pages 603-626, 07.
- Roberts, John & Scapens, Robert, 1985. "Accounting systems and systems of accountability -- understanding accounting practices in their organisational contexts," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 443-456, October.
- Ioannis E. Nikolaou, 2010. "Classifying current social responsibility accounting methods for assisting a dialogue between business and society," Social Responsibility Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 562-580, November.
- Ken Crofts & Jayne Bisman, 2010. "Interrogating accountability: An illustration of the use of Leximancer software for qualitative data analysis," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 180-207, June.
- O'Dwyer, Brendan & Owen, David & Unerman, Jeffrey, 2011. "Seeking legitimacy for new assurance forms: The case of assurance on sustainability reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 31-52, January.
- Max Baker, 2010. "Re-conceiving managerial capture," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(7), pages 847-867, September.
- Hadrian Gery Djajadikerta & Terri Trireksani, 2012. "Corporate social and environmental disclosure by Indonesian listed companies on their corporate web sites," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 21-36.
- John Smith & Ros Haniffa & Jenny Fairbrass, 2011. "A Conceptual Framework for Investigating ‘Capture’ in Corporate Sustainability Reporting Assurance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 99(3), pages 425-439, March.
- David Owen, 2008. "Chronicles of wasted time?: A personal reflection on the current state of, and future prospects for, social and environmental accounting research," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 240-267, February.
- Grisard, Claudine, 2012. "Accountability and Bottom of the Pyramid projects: the two sides of the mirror," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9498, Paris Dauphine University.
- Yussri Sawani & Mustaffa Mohamed Zain & Faizah Darus, 2010. "Preliminary insights on sustainability reporting and assurance practices in Malaysia," Social Responsibility Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 627-645, November.
- Gregory Heem, 2010. "Les critères de détermination de la part variable de la rémunération des dirigeants du CAC 40," Post-Print hal-00476935, HAL.
- Dominique Wolff & Chantale Roy & Sylvie Berthelot, 2009. "Projet D'Integration Du Developpement Durable Au Tableau De Bord Des Pme Par Une Adaptation Du Sd 21000," Post-Print halshs-00459419, HAL.
- Matthew V. Tilling & Carol A. Tilt, 2010. "The edge of legitimacy: Voluntary social and environmental reporting in Rothmans' 1956-1999 annual reports," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(1), pages 55-81, January.
- Messner, Martin, 2009. "The limits of accountability," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 918-938, November.
- Claudine Grisard, 2012. "Accountability and Bottom of the Pyramid projects: the two sides of the mirror," Post-Print hal-00690956, HAL.
- Stéphane Trébucq, 2011. "Une étude de la crédibilité des informations sociétales face à différentes options de reddition des comptes," Post-Print hal-00650589, HAL.
- O'Dwyer, Brendan & Unerman, Jeffrey, 2008. "The paradox of greater NGO accountability: A case study of Amnesty Ireland," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 801-824.
- Schaltegger, Stefan & Burritt, Roger L., 2010. "Sustainability accounting for companies: Catchphrase or decision support for business leaders?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 375-384, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.