The chameleon of accountability: Forms and discourses
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 20 (1995)
Issue (Month): 2-3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Morgan, Gareth, 1988. "Accounting as reality construction: Towards a new epistemology for accounting practice," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 477-485, August.
- Arrington, C. Edward & Francis, Jere R., 1989. "Letting the chat out of the bag: Deconstruction, privilege and accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 1-28, January.
- Argyris, Chris, 1990. "The dilemma of implementing controls: The case of managerial accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 503-511.
- Roberts, John, 1991. "The possibilities of accountability," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 355-368.
- Edward Arrington, C. & Francis, Jere R., 1993. "Giving economic accounts: Accounting as cultural practice," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 107-124, April.
- Gambling, Trevor, 1977. "Magic, accounting and morale," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 141-151, March.
- Nelson, John S., 1993. "Account and acknowledge, or represent and control? On post-modern politics and economics of collective responsibility," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 207-229, April.
- Claudine Grisard, 2012. "Accountability and Bottom of the Pyramid projects: the two sides of the mirror," Post-Print hal-00690956, HAL.
- Heli Hookana, 2011. "Measurement of Effectiveness, Efficiency and Quality in Public Sector Services: Interventionist Empirical Investigations," MIC 2011: Managing Sustainability? Proceedings of the 12th International Conference, Portorož, 23–26 November 2011 [Selected Papers], University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper.
- Messner, Martin, 2009. "The limits of accountability," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 918-938, November.
- Vassili Joannides, 2012. "Accounterability and the problematics of accountability," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00676561, HAL.
- Russell Craig & Joel Amernic, 2002. "Accountability of accounting educators and the rhythm of the university: resistance strategies for postmodern blues," Accounting Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 121-171.
- Ohlsson, Östen & Selander, Martin & Eriksson-Zetterquist, Ulla & Hansson, Henrik & Löfström, Mikael, 2002. "The Dilemma with ICT in Educational organisations," FE rapport 2002-394, University of Gothenburg, Department of Business Administration.
- Shearer, Teri, 2002. "Ethics and accountability: from the for-itself to the for-the-other," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 541-573, August.
- Ashfaq Ahmad Khan & Wiqar Ahmad, 2013. "Matching resources with demand: a flawed strategy?," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 20(1), pages 63-89, June.
- Istemi Demirag & Iqbal Khadaroo, 2011. "Accountability and value for money: a theoretical framework for the relationship in public–private partnerships," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 271-296, May.
- Jens Steffek, 2008. "Public Accountability and the Public Sphere of International Governance," RECON Online Working Papers Series 3, RECON.
- Jørgensen, Brian & Messner, Martin, 2010. "Accounting and strategising: A case study from new product development," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 184-204, February.
- Cooper, Stuart M. & Owen, David L., 2007. "Corporate social reporting and stakeholder accountability: The missing link," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 649-667.
- Grisard, Claudine, 2012. "Accountability and Bottom of the Pyramid projects: the two sides of the mirror," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9498, Paris Dauphine University.
- Kamla, Rania, 2012. "Syrian women accountants’ attitudes and experiences at work in the context of globalization," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 188-205.
- Kelum Jayasinghe & Teerooven Soobaroyen, 2009. "Religious “spirit” and peoples' perceptions of accountability in Hindu and Buddhist religious organizations," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(7), pages 997-1028, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.