An examination of the descriptive validity of the belief-adjustment model and alternative attitudes to evidence in auditing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Accounting, Organizations and Society.
Volume (Year): 22 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3-4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kaplan, Steven E. & Reckers, Philip M. J., 1989. "An examination of information search during initial audit planning," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 14(5-6), pages 539-550, October.
- Bonner, Sarah E., 1994. "A model of the effects of audit task complexity," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 213-234, April.
- Pei, Buck K. W. & Reed, Sarah A. & Koch, Bruce S., 1992. "Auditor belief revisions in a performance auditing setting: An application of the belief-adjustment model," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 169-183, February.
- Butt, Jane L. & Campbell, Terry L., 1989. "The effects of information order and hypothesis-testing strategies on auditors' judgments," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 14(5-6), pages 471-479, October.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages S251-78, October.
- Dillard, Jesse F. & Kauffman, N. Leroy & Spires, Eric E., 1991. "Evidence order and belief revision in management accounting decisions," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 619-633.
- Ashton, Robert H. & Ashton, Alison Hubbard, 1990. "Evidence-responsiveness in professional judgment: Effects of positive versus negative evidence and presentation mode," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-19, June.
- Libby, Robert & Trotman, Ken T., 1993. "The review process as a control for differential recall of evidence in auditor judgments," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 559-574, August.
- Waller, William S. & Felix, William Jr., 1984. "The auditor and learning from experience: Some conjectures," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(3-4), pages 383-406, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.