Misuse of regression for empirical validation of models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Systems.
Volume (Year): 54 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mayer, D. G. & Stuart, M. A. & Swain, A. J., 1994. "Regression of real-world data on model output: An appropriate overall test of validity," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 93-104.
- Harrison, S. R., 1990. "Regression of a model on real-system output: An invalid test of model validity," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 183-190.
- McCarl, Bruce A., 1984. "Model Validation: An Overview with some Emphasis on Risk Models," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(03), December.
- O'Neal, Monte R. & Frankenberger, Jane R. & Ess, Daniel R., 2002. "Use of CERES-Maize to study effect of spatial precipitation variability on yield," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 205-225, August.
- Tedeschi, Luis Orlindo, 2006. "Assessment of the adequacy of mathematical models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 225-247, September.
- Alagarswamy, G. & Singh, P. & Hoogenboom, G. & Wani, S. P. & Pathak, P. & Virmani, S. M., 2000. "Evaluation and application of the CROPGRO-Soybean simulation model in a Vertic Inceptisol," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 19-32, January.
- Tedeschi, Luis Orlindo & Fox, Danny G. & Guiroy, Pablo J., 2004. "A decision support system to improve individual cattle management. 1. A mechanistic, dynamic model for animal growth," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 171-204, February.
- Bockstaller, C. & Girardin, P., 2003. "How to validate environmental indicators," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 639-653, May.
- Zhang, Baisen & Valentine, Ian & Kemp, Peter & Lambert, Greg, 2006. "Predictive modelling of hill-pasture productivity: integration of a decision tree and a geographical information system," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Bouman, B.A.M. & van Laar, H.H., 2006. "Description and evaluation of the rice growth model ORYZA2000 under nitrogen-limited conditions," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 249-273, March.
- McCall, D. G. & Bishop-Hurley, G. J., 2003. "A pasture growth model for use in a whole-farm dairy production model," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 1183-1205, June.
- Martin Schönhart & Erwin Schmid & Uwe A. Schneider, 2009. "CropRota – A Model to Generate Optimal Crop Rotations from Observed Land Use," Working Papers 452009, Institute for Sustainable Economic Development, Department of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.