Perspectives of Corporate Governance in Croatian Banking Sector
AbstractFinancial market of any country firstly has to be “secure”, but although financial market is regulated and monitored, we were witnesses of bad examples (Island). So, globally all aspects of corporate governance became interesting: ownership; nature of activities; liquidity ratios, etc. The goal of this paper is to give perspectives of corporate governance in Croatian banking sector. The results of the research conducted in October 2010 are presented. The situation regarding corporate governance issues in banks is highlighted. According to the research in Croatian banks in the future corporate governance should give more attention to responsiveness; equity; efficiency and effectiveness; and on accountability. Mentioned principles are not clearly defined and recognizable. These will assure differentiation on market and trust of all stakeholders.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Econjournals in its journal International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.econjournals.com
Corporate Governance; Banking Sector; The Republic of Croatia;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arun, Thankom G. & Turner, John David, 2003.
"Corporate Governance of Banks in Developing Economies: Concepts and Issues,"
Development Economics and Public Policy Working Papers, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM)
30551, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- T. G. Arun & J. D. Turner, 2004. "Corporate Governance of Banks in Developing Economies: concepts and issues," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 371-377, 07.
- Cedomir Ljubojevic & Gordana Ljubojevic, 2008. "Building Corporate Reputation through Corporate Governance," Management, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 3(3), pages 221-233.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilhan Ozturk).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.