R&D and firm growth rate variance
AbstractInvestment in R&D is positively associated with the variance of sales growth and, to a lesser extent, employment growth. The magnitude of this effect has not increased in recent decades, however.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 30 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
R&D; Firm growth; growth rate variance; employment growth; innovation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- O3 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Geroski, Paul A & Machin, Stephen & Walters, Christopher F, 1997. "Corporate Growth and Profitability," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 171-89, June.
- James G. MacKinnon & Halbert White, 1983.
"Some Heteroskedasticity Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimators with Improved Finite Sample Properties,"
537, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert, 1985. "Some heteroskedasticity-consistent covariance matrix estimators with improved finite sample properties," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 305-325, September.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Giovanni Dosi & Marco Lippi & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni, 2001.
"Innovation and Corporate Growth in the Evolution of the Drug Industry,"
LEM Papers Series
2001/02, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Bottazzi, Giulio & Dosi, Giovanni & Lippi, Marco & Pammolli, Fabio & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2001. "Innovation and corporate growth in the evolution of the drug industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1161-1187, July.
- Werner Hölzl, 2008.
"Is the R&D Behaviour of Fast Growing SMEs Different? Evidence from CIS III Data for 16 Countries,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Werner Hölzl, 2009. "Is the R&D behaviour of fast-growing SMEs different? Evidence from CIS III data for 16 countries," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 59-75, June.
- Micheline Goedhuys & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2010.
"High-growth entrepreneurial firms in Africa: a quantile regression approach,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 31-51, January.
- Goedhuys, Micheline & Sleuwaegen, Leo, 2009. "High-Growth Entrepreneurial Firms in Africa: A Quantile Regression Approach," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Erik Stam & Karl Wennberg, 2009.
"The role of R&D in new firm growth,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2009-004, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Alex Coad & Nadia Jacoby & Angelo Secchi, 2011.
"Corporate growth and industrial dynamics: evidence from French manufacturing,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(1), pages 103-116.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Alex Coad & Nadia Jacoby & Angelo Secchi, 2005. "Corporate Growth and Industrial Dynamics: Evidence from French Manufacturing," LEM Papers Series 2005/21, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2008:i:9:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.