Labor productivity and dynamic efficiency
AbstractThis note exhibits sufficient conditions concerning the skills of old workers ruling out overaccumulation stationnary equilibria in an OLG model with productive capital. Using a Cobb-Douglas economy, we show that such conditions seem to be largely fullfilled in the industrialized countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 4 (2001)
Issue (Month): 13 ()
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tirole, Jean, 1985. "Asset Bubbles and Overlapping Generations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1499-1528, November.
- Andrew Abel & Gregory N. Mankiw & Lawrence H. Summers & Richard Zeckhauser, .
"Assessing Dynamic Efficiency: Theory and Evidence,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research
14-88, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Galor, Oded & Ryder, Harl E., 1989. "Existence, uniqueness, and stability of equilibrium in an overlapping-generations model with productive capital," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 360-375, December.
- Emmanuel Thibault, 2000. "Existence of equilibrium in an OLG model with production and altruistic preferences," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 709-715.
- Dechert, W Davis & Yamamoto, Kenji, 1992. "Asset Valuation and Production Efficiency in an Overlapping-Generations Model with Production Shocks," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 389-405, April.
- Olivier J. Blanchard, 1984.
"Debt, Deficits and Finite Horizons,"
NBER Working Papers
1389, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-47, April.
- Galor, Oded & Ryder, Harl E., 1991. "Dynamic efficiency of steady-state equilibria in an overlapping-generations model with productive capital," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 385-390, April.
- Weil, Philippe, 1989. "Overlapping families of infinitely-lived agents," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, March.
- Bruno Decreuse, 2001. "Dying of selfishness," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 481-488.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2002:i:7:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ronald Wendner, 2002. "Capital Accumulation and Habit Formation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(7), pages 1-10.
- LAMBRECHT, Stéphane & MICHEL, Philippe & THIBAULT, Emmanuel, .
"Capital accumulation and fiscal policy in an OLG model with family altruism,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-1913, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- StÃ©phane Lambrecht & Philippe Michel & Emmanuel Thibault, 2006. "Capital Accumulation and Fiscal Policy in an OLG Model with Family Altruism," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 8(3), pages 465-486, 08.
- LAMBRECHT, StÃ©phane & MICHEL, Philippe & THIBAULT, Emmanuel, 2005. "Capital accumulation and fiscal policy in an OLG model with family altruism," CORE Discussion Papers, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) 2005027, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Emin Gahramanov, 2009. "Tax Evasion and Dynamic Inefficiency," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 437-443.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.