The Effects of the Enlargement of the EU: The Mobility of factors of Production
AbstractIn the present paper we analyse the role of foreign direct investment in the new acceding economies. The question to be answered is whether the new countries in EU may improve their positions in order to capture FDI flows from their comparative advantages and the southern European countries can worse their positions in the new internal market created in 2004. Besides, we will study if the movements of population between the central European countries and the EU-15 are affected by the last economic changes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Euro-American Association of Economic Development in its journal Applied Econometrics and International Development.
Volume (Year): 5 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Brander & Paul Krugman, 1982.
"A 'Reciprocal Dumping' Model of International Trade,"
513, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Brander, James & Krugman, Paul, 1983. "A 'reciprocal dumping' model of international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3-4), pages 313-321, November.
- James A. Brander & Paul Krugman, 1983. "A 'Reciprocal Dumping' Model of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1194, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Brander & Paul Krugman, 1980. "A "Reciprocal Dumping" Model of International Trade," Working Papers 405, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Rodriguez-Pose, Andres, 2002. "The European Union: Economy, Society, and Polity," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198742869, September.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-99, June.
- Iglesias, Ana & Frias, Isidro & Vazquez, Emilia, 1998.
"Un analisis econometrico de la concentracion industrial en las regiones españolas,"
23, University of Santiago de Compostela. Faculty of Economics and Business. Econometrics..
- Iglesias, Ana & Frias, Isidro & Vazquez, Emilia, 2001. "Un analisis econometrico de la concentracion industrial en las regiones españolas," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(1).
- Kevin M. Murphy & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1988.
"Industrialization and the Big Push,"
NBER Working Papers
2708, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borensztein, E. & De Gregorio, J. & Lee, J-W., 1998.
"How does foreign direct investment affect economic growth?1,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 115-135, June.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Jose De Gregorio & Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 5057, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul R., 1979. "Increasing returns, monopolistic competition, and international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 469-479, November.
- VAZQUEZ-ROZAS, Emilia & VADLAMANNATI, Krishna Chaitanya, 2009. "Direct Foreign Investments In India: Potential & Performance Of Fdi Inflows From United States As Strategic Major Investor," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(2).
- Mário MARQUES & Carlos PINHO, 2014. "Effects of Corporate Taxation and Bilateral Tax Treaties on European Multinationals’ Investment, 2005-2009. A Multi-Country Analysis," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 14(1), pages 33-44.
- IGLESIAS CASAL, Ana, 2009. "European Internal Market And Foreing Direct Investment. The Determinants Of Fdi," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.