The Dynamics of Reservation Wages: Preliminary Evidence from the GSOEP
AbstractThis paper presents preliminary results from an empirical analysis of the individual and macroeconomic deter-minants of reservation wages, using data from the German Socio-Economic Panel. The longitudinal aspect of the dataset provides an interesting perspective on the dynamics of reservation wages and their correlations with accepted wage offers for workers who make the transition from unemployment to employment. The findings have important policy implications as well, since they shed some light on the disincentive effects of the German tax and transfer system for the labor supply and employment decisions of unemployed workers at different points of the skill/offer wage distribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research in its journal Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung.
Volume (Year): 70 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:iab:iabmit:v:36:i:4:p:573-598 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christensen, Björn, 2003. "Anspruchslohn und Arbeitslosigkeit in Deutschland (Reservation wage and unemployment in Germany)," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 36(4), pages 573-598.
- Björn Christensen, 2003. "Die Validität erfragter Reservationslöhne: ein Test auf Basis der stationären Suchtheorie," Kiel Working Papers 1151, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Björn Christensen, 2003. "Selektionsverzerrungen, erfragte Reservationslöhne und Arbeitslosigkeitsdauer," Kiel Working Papers 1162, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Björn Christensen, 2002. "Reservation Wages, Offered Wages, and Unemployment Duration � New Empirical Evidence," Kiel Working Papers 1095, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Christensen, Björn, 2001. "Mismatch-Arbeitslosigkeit unter Geringqualifizierten (Mismatch-unemployment among the low-skilled)," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 34(4), pages 506-514.
- Humpert, Stephan & Pfeifer, Christian, 2013.
"Explaining age and gender differences in employment rates : a labor supply side perspective,"
Journal for Labour Market Research,
Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 46(1), pages 1-17.
- Stephan Humpert & Christian Pfeifer, 2012. "Explaining Age and Gender Differences in Employment Rates: A Labor Supply Side Perspective," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 449, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Stephan Humpert & Christian Pfeifer, 2011. "Explaining Age and Gender Differences in Employment Rates: A Labor Supply Side Perspective," Working Paper Series in Economics 214, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- repec:iab:iabmit:v:34:i:4:p:506-514 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.