Practitioners' Evolving Views on Product Placement Effectiveness
AbstractThe practice of product (or brand) placement has grown significantly during the past 20 years; marketers now frequently use placements as the basis for multimillion dollar integrated promotional campaigns. A survey of the members of the Entertainment Resources and Marketing Association, the leading placement-industry group, was conducted to assess practitioners' beliefs. Items mirrored those used in a 1994 survey of the same group. Practitioners today believe an expanded set of brand and executional factors are important for the placement to be effective. Today's practitioners are also more likely to believe that placement leads to trade-offs between financial and creative considerations in film production.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Advertising Research.
Volume (Year): 43 (2003)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JARProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Marc Lehu & Etienne Bressoud, 2007. "Viewers and brand placement in movies: new insights about viewers contribute to better understand the effectiveness of the technique," Post-Print halshs-00305723, HAL.
- Etienne Bressoud & Jean-Marc Lehu, 2007. "The second life of a product placement in movies: the DVD," Post-Print halshs-00305729, HAL.
- Lehu, Jean-Marc & Bressoud, Etienne, 2008. "Effectiveness of brand placement: New insights about viewers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(10), pages 1083-1090, October.
- Etienne Bressoud & Jean-Marc Lehu, 2007. "The product placement efficiency as a result of a relationship between a spectator and a movie," Post-Print halshs-00305718, HAL.
- Etienne Bressoud & Jean-Marc Lehu & Cristel Antonia Russell, 2008. "Integrating placement and audience characteristics to assess the recall of product placements in film: findings from a field study," Post-Print halshs-00303731, HAL.
- Etienne Bressoud & Jean-Marc Lehu, 2008. "Product placement in movies: questioning the effectiveness according to the spectator's viewing conditions," Post-Print halshs-00303667, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.