Generalized Empirical Likelihood Inference For Nonlinear And Time Series Models Under Weak Identification
AbstractThis paper studies robust inference methods for nonlinear moment restriction models with weakly identified parameters in time series contexts. Our methods are based on generalized empirical likelihood with kernel smoothing. The proposed test statistics, which follow the standard 2 limiting distributions, are robust to weak identification and dependent data.The author is deeply grateful to Bruce Hansen, John Kennan, and Gautam Tripathi for their guidance and time. Comments from a coeditor and two anonymous referees substantially helped this revision. The author also thanks Allan Gregory, Patrik Guggenberger, Philip Haile, Hiroyuki Kasahara, Matthew Kim, Yuichi Kitamura, and seminar participants at Queen s University, University of Wisconsin, and the 2003 North America Summer Meeting of the Econometric Society for helpful discussions and suggestions. Financial support from the Alice Gengler Wisconsin Distinguished Graduate Fellowship and Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation Dissertation Fellowship is gratefully acknowledged.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 22 (2006)
Issue (Month): 03 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gong, Yun & Peng, Liang & Qi, Yongcheng, 2010. "Smoothed jackknife empirical likelihood method for ROC curve," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(6), pages 1520-1531, July.
- Andrews, Donald W.K. & Guggenberger, Patrik, 2010.
"Applications of subsampling, hybrid, and size-correction methods,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 285-305, October.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Patrik Guggenberger, 2007. "Applications of Subsampling, Hybrid, and Size-Correction Methods," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1608, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Patrik Guggenberger, 2007. "Hybrid and Size-Corrected Subsample Methods," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1606, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Moreira, Marcelo J. & Porter, Jack R. & Suarez, Gustavo A., 2009. "Bootstrap validity for the score test when instruments may be weak," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 149(1), pages 52-64, April.
- Martins, Luis F. & Gabriel, Vasco J., 2009. "New Keynesian Phillips Curves and potential identification failures: A Generalized Empirical Likelihood analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 561-571, December.
- Alain Guay & Jean-François Lamarche, 2008.
"The Information Content of Implied Probabilities to Detect Structural Change,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Alain Guay & Jean-Francois Lamarche, 2005. "The Information Content of Implied Probabilities to Detect Structural Change," Working Papers 0804, Brock University, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2008.
- Patrik Guggenberger & Richard Smith, 2005.
"Generalized empirical likelihood tests in time series models with potential identification failure,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP01/05, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Guggenberger, Patrik & Smith, Richard J., 2008. "Generalized empirical likelihood tests in time series models with potential identification failure," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 134-161, January.
- Patrik Guggenberger, . "Applications of Subsampling, Hybrid, and Size-Correction Methods (joint with D.W.K. Andrews), 2005, this version May 2007," UCLA Economics Online Papers 414, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Guggenberger, Patrik & Ramalho, Joaquim J.S. & Smith, Richard J., 2012. "GEL statistics under weak identification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 170(2), pages 331-349.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.