A Dialogue Concerning A New Instrument For Econometric Modeling
AbstractThis paper presents a set of questions prepared by Clive Granger with responses by David Hendry on the use of PcGets (see Hendry and Krolzig, 2001) in data modeling and as a new research tool. PcGets is an Ox package (see Doornik, 2001) implementing automatic general-to-specific (Gets) modeling for linear regression models based on the theory of reduction, as in Hendry (1995, Ch. 9).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 21 (2005)
Issue (Month): 01 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ulaşan, Bülent, 2011. "Cross-country growth empirics and model uncertainty: An overview," Economics Discussion Papers 2011-37, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Timmermann, Allan, 2004.
"Real Time Econometrics,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1108, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Allan Timmermann, 2004. "Real Time Econometrics," CESifo Working Paper Series 1169, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pesaran, M Hashem & Timmermann, Allan G, 2004. "Real Time Econometrics," CEPR Discussion Papers 4402, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Timmermann, A., 2004. "‘Real Time Econometrics’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0432, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jane E. Ihrig & Mario Marazzi & Alexander D. Rothenberg, 2006. "Exchange-rate pass-through in the G-7 countries," International Finance Discussion Papers 851, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Charles P. Thomas & Jaime Marquez & Sean Fahle, 2008. "Measuring U.S. international relative prices: a WARP view of the world," International Finance Discussion Papers 917, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Castle, Jennifer L. & Hendry, David F., 2014.
"Model selection in under-specified equations facing breaks,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 178(P2), pages 286-293.
- David Hendry & Jennifer L. Castle, 2010. "Model Selection in Under-specified Equations Facing Breaks," Economics Series Working Papers 509, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Marquez, Jaime, 2006. "Estimating elasticities for U.S. trade in services," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 276-307, March.
- Søren Johansen & David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2007.
"Selecting a Regression Saturated by Indicators,"
CREATES Research Papers
2007-36, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Marcin Blazejowski & Pawel Kufel & Tadeusz Kufel, 2009. "Automatic Procedure of Building Congruent Dynamic Model in Gretl," EHUCHAPS, Universidad del País Vasco - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Ulaşan, Bülent, 2012. "Cross-country growth empirics and model uncertainty: An overview," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 6(16), pages 1-69.
- Jaime Marquez, 2005. "Estimating elasticities for U.S. trade in services," International Finance Discussion Papers 836, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hassler, Uwe, 2010. "Testing regression coefficients after model selection through sign restrictions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 220-223, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.