Consistent Specification Testing For Conditional Symmetry
AbstractThis paper presents a consistent specification test of conditional symmetry using a kernel method. The test statistic is shown to be asymptotically distributed as standard normal under the null hypothesis of conditional symmetry and consistent against any conditional asymmetric distribution. Power against local alternatives is also investigated. A Monte Carlo simulation is provided to evaluate the finite-sample performance of the test.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 14 (1998)
Issue (Month): 01 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- E Fe-Rodriguez & C D Orme, 2005. "The Asymptotic Equivalence of Kernel-based Nonparametric Conditional Moment Test Statistics," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0504, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Li, Qi, 1999. "Consistent model specification tests for time series econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 101-147, September.
- Aradillas-Lopez, Andres, 2012. "Pairwise-difference estimation of incomplete information games," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 168(1), pages 120-140.
- Tao Chen & Gautam Tripathi, 2014. "A simple consistent test of conditional symmetry in symmetrically trimmed tobit models," CREA Discussion Paper Series 14-04, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Chen, Songnian, 2000. "Rank estimation of a location parameter in the binary choice model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 317-334, October.
- Philippe Lambert & Sébastien Laurent & David Veredas, 2012.
"Testing conditional asymmetry. A residual based approach,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/136195, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lambert, Philippe & Laurent, Sébastien & Veredas, David, 2012. "Testing conditional asymmetry: A residual-based approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1229-1247.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Carlos Escanciano, J., 2007. "Nonparametric tests for conditional symmetry in dynamic models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 652-682, December.
- Dette, Holger & Hetzler, Benjamin, 2004. "Specification tests indexed by bandwidths," Technical Reports 2004,48, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Bai, Jushan & Ng, Serena, 2001. "A consistent test for conditional symmetry in time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 103(1-2), pages 225-258, July.
- Zheng, Xu, 2008. "Testing for discrete choice models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 176-184, February.
- Su, Liangjun, 2006. "A simple test for multivariate conditional symmetry," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(3), pages 374-378, December.
- Liangjun Su & Sainan Jin, 2005. "A Bootstrap Test for Conditional Symmetry," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 6(2), pages 251-261, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.