Tailoring Innovation Policies to Sectors and Regions – The Case of Slovakia
AbstractThe aim of the present paper is to investigate channels of innovation and knowledge transfer in the development of the automotive and wood processing sectors in Slovakia and identify suitable policies to support these innovations. We follow the conceptual Framework of innovation patterns and try to identify adequate support policies for different regional innovation patterns. We used interviews with several relevant actors in both sectors to identify their innovation activities and the role the external environment plays in them. We found that better functioning support tools in the region are aimed at key channels of knowledge and innovation transfer.We also support the need for a thematically/regionally focused innovation policy approach, as both sectors and regions require different kinds of innovation policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association Comenius - EACO in its journal DANUBE: Law and Economics Review.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.eaco.eu
Innovation; Automotive; Wood Processing; Innovation Patterns; Innovation Policy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Dunning, 2001. "The Eclectic (OLI) Paradigm of International Production: Past, Present and Future," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 173-190.
- Jane Hardy & Grzegorz Micek & PaweŁ Capik, 2010. "Upgrading Local Economies in Central and Eastern Europe? The Role of Business Service Foreign Direct Investment in the Knowledge Economy," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(9), pages 1581-1591, October.
- Fabrizio Barca & Philip McCann & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2011.
"The case for regional development intervention: Place-based versus place-neutral approaches,"
Working Papers, Instituto MadrileÃ±o de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales
2011-15, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Fabrizio Barca & Philip McCann & Andrés Rodríguez‐Pose, 2012. "The Case For Regional Development Intervention: Place‐Based Versus Place‐Neutral Approaches," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 134-152, 02.
- Roberto Camagni & Roberta Capello, 2013. "Regional Innovation Patterns and the EU Regional Policy Reform: Toward Smart Innovation Policies," Growth and Change, Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, vol. 44(2), pages 355-389, 06.
- Ruth Rama, 2008. "Foreign investment innovation: a review of selected policies," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 353-363, August.
- Jochen Lorentzen & Peter M�llgaard & Matija Rojec, 2003. "Host-country Absorption of Technology: Evidence from Automotive Supply Networks in Eastern Europe," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 415-432.
- Jan G. Lambooy & Ron A. Boschma, 2001.
"Evolutionary economics and regional policy,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer,
Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 113-131.
- Ronde, Patrick & Hussler, Caroline, 2005. "Innovation in regions: What does really matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1150-1172, October.
- Roberta Capello & Camilla Lenzi, 2013. "Territorial patterns of innovation: a taxonomy of innovative regions in Europe," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 119-154, August.
- Roberta Capello & Camilla Lenzi, 2011. "Territorial Patterns of Innovation in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1900, European Regional Science Association.
- Oughton, Christine & Landabaso, Mikel & Morgan, Kevin, 2002. " The Regional Innovation Paradox: Innovation Policy and Industrial Policy," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 97-110, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zuzana Machova).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.