Initial public offers' importance in financing shipping companies. Case study on Scorpio Tankers Inc
AbstractIn the shipping industry there is a dynamic business environment which determines shipping companies to get some other financial resources in order to maintain and develop on this market. Through this paper we want to establish the important role of the initial public offers on the stock market, from the different geographically regions; the probability that these offers might determine the success or failure of a company and the way of this financing process could be made by a company which needs resources for development and surviving on such unstable market, as the maritime market is. In order to show how the initial public offers work on the stock market we took an example of a maritime company, Scorpio Tankers Inc., whose shares are listed on New York Stock Exchange, from 2010
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Constanta Maritime University in its journal Constanta Maritime University Annals, Vol. 20, 2013.
Volume (Year): 20 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://cmu-edu.eu
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R0 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General
- R4 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andreas Merikas & Dimitrios Gounopoulos & Christos Nounis, 2009. "Global shipping IPOs performance," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 481-505, December.
- Syriopoulos, Theodore C., 2007. "Chapter 6 Financing Greek Shipping: Modern Instruments, Methods and Markets," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 171-219, January.
- FranÃ§ois Derrien & Ambrus KecskÃ©s, 2007. "The Initial Public Offerings of Listed Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 62(1), pages 447-479, 02.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Georgiana Buzu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.