Democracia y cultura organizacional en las cooperativas. El caso del cooperativismo de trabajo asociado andaluz
AbstractIn this paper we have attempted to identify the characteristics of the democratic system in a sample of 36 Andalusian associated labour cooperatives, approaching the matter from a psychosocial point of view. Our research has clearly shown that the workers and the least educated members are the least involved in the governance of their organisations. Involvement in the governance of the cooperative is also closely related to the development of an appropriate organisational culture. The results of this study have enabled us to empirically deconstruct the concept of cooperative democracy, which could help to improve human resource management within this type of organisations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): 54 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Worker cooperatives; democracy; organisational culture; psychosocial approach; Andalusia.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- J54 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Producer Cooperatives; Labor Managed Firms
- J59 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Other
- L30 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antonio J. Romero & Miguel PÈrez, 2003. "Organizational Culture, Individual Differences and the Participation System in Cooperativism of Associated Workers in Andalusia, Spain," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 74(2), pages 283-320, 06.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.