La violación del modelo de gestión democrático en las cooperativas oleícolas
AbstractThe aim of the work presented here is to show how the problems of organisation and power represent a serious hindrance on the business development of agricultural co-operatives. It should be pointed out that this work is based on a field study which focuses on studying cooperativism in firms producing olive oil. Using a structured questionnaire, personal interviews were held with over 86% of the presidents of the olive oil co-operatives in Jaén (southern Spain), the world’s largest area of olive oil production. The work describes the basic characteristics of the oil-producing industry and highlights the importance of cooperativism in the sector. Subsequently, the distinctive characteristics of the power structure in these firms are analysed among the following collectives: partners, boards of managers and non-member managers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2004)
Issue (Month): 48 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Participation; democratic management; agricultural co-operatives; bodies of governance; non-member manager.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M54 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Labor Management
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rodriguez, Jose Rodriguez & Moral, Adoracion Mozas, 2003. "Educational Level and Training of Human Resources in Farm Cooperatives in the Knowledge-Based Society: An Empirical Study," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 31(2).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.