Kalecki était-il keynésien avant Keynes ?
AbstractIn a closely argued book, Patinkin  has concluded that Michal Kalecki did not anticipate the General Theory. The three main arguments developed by Patinkin are discussed with reference to his interpretation of Keynes? General Theory. Focused on Kalecki? 1934, article, that Patinkin did not know, this study shows: i) that Kalecki set out a static unemployment model; ii) that this model provides an integrated general equilibrium treatment of goods and money markets linked with marginalist short-period pricing theory; iii) that Kalecki develops an original analysis of the relative movements of wages and prices. Thus, Patinkin to the contrary, it is suggested we can give Kalecki credit for anticipating part of the essential ideas of the General Theory.Classification JEL : B22, B31, E12
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 57 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Patinkin, Don, 1990. "On different interpretations of the General Theory," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 205-243, October.
- Chapple, Simon, 1995. "The Kaleckian Origins of the Keynesian Model," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(3), pages 525-37, July.
- L. R. Klein, 1951. "The Life of John Maynard Keynes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 443.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.