Indicators on gender pay equality
AbstractIn 2001, the Belgian Presidency of the European Union, in accordance with Sweden, has suggested a set of indicators on gender pay equality. These indicators have been adopted at the Employment and Social Affairs Council on 3 December 2001. Gender pay equality is the topic of one of the Employment Guidelines structuring the European Employment Strategy. The choice of indicators has been based on the study made by the Department of Applied Economics of the Free University of Brussels (DULBEA) for the Belgian government. This paper presents the main results of this study. In a first part the context of the building of indicators is shaped. The second part of the paper deals with the data set available for building indicators. The third part is devoted to the presentation and discussion of most of the indicators that were proposed, and finally, in the fourth part some recommendations for the improving of the existing and future databases are made.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its journal Brussels economic review.
Volume (Year): 45 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow & Robert Plasman, 2004. "Rent sharing and the gender wage gap in Belgium," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/785, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Robert Plasman & François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow, 2007.
"Wage differentials in Belgium: the role of worker and employer characteristics,"
DULBEA Working Papers
07-12.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Robert Plasman & François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow, 2007. "Wage differentials in Belgium: the role of worker and employer characteristics," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 50(1), pages 11-40.
- Plasman, Robert & Rycx, Francois & Tojerow, Ilan, 2006.
"Industry Wage Differentials, Unobserved Ability, and Rent-Sharing: Evidence from Matched Worker-Firm Data, 1995-2002,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2387, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Plasman & François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow, 2006. "Industry wage differentials, unobserved ability, and rent-sharing : Evidence from matched worker-firm data, 1995-2002," Working Paper Research 90, National Bank of Belgium.
- Du Caju, Philip & Rycx, Francois & Tojerow, Ilan, 2008.
"Rent-Sharing and the Cyclicality of Wage Differentials,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3844, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Philip Du Caju & François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow, 2008. "Rent-Sharing and the Cyclicality of Wage Differentials," Working Papers CEB 08-035.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philip Du Caju & François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow, 2008. "Rent-sharing and the cyclicality of wage differentials," DULBEA Working Papers 08-23.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pilar González & Maria Clementina Santos & Luís Delfim Santos, 2005. "The Gender Wage Gap in Portugal: Recent Evolution and Decomposition," CEF.UP Working Papers 0505, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Robert Plasman & François Rycx & Ilan Tojerow, 2006. "Industry wage differentials, unobserved ability, and rent-sharing: evidence from matched employer-employee, 1992-2005," DULBEA Working Papers 06-14.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kea Tijdens, 2004. "WP 25 - The datase, ,easurement issues and the methodology of the Dutch WageIndicator Internet survey," AIAS Working Papers wp25, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Pilar González & Maria Clementina Santos & Luís Delfim Santos, 2007. "Education and Gender Wage Differentials in Portugal: What Can We Learn From an Age Cohort Analysis?," CEF.UP Working Papers 0701, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.