On the Effect of Risk Aversion in Two-Person, Two-State Finance Economies
AbstractThe effect of replacing an agent in a two-person two-state finance economy by a more risk averse agent is studied. It is established under which conditions the other agent benefits or looses in equilibrium from dealing with a more risk averse agent. If one agent becomes more risk averse, then the equilibrium allocation moves towards that agent's certainty line. Whether or not that is beneficial for the other agent depends on the location of the endowment point.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Gruyter in its journal The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics.
Volume (Year): 7 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
Other versions of this item:
- Berden, Caroline & Peters, Hans, 2006. "On the effect of risk aversion in two-person, two-state finance economies," Research Memorandum 011, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peters,Hans & Köbberling,Vera, 2000.
"The Effect of Decision Weights in Bargaining Problems,"
037, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Kobberling, Veronika & Peters, Hans, 2003. "The effect of decision weights in bargaining problems," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 154-175, May.
- Caroline Berden & Hans Peters, 2006.
"On the Effect of Risk Aversion in Bimatrix Games,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 60(4), pages 359-370, 06.
- LeRoy,Stephen F. & Werner,Jan, 2001. "Principles of Financial Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521586054, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.