Exchange-Rate Pass-through with Intertemporal Linkages: Evidence at the Commodity Level
AbstractThis paper argues that the stability of exchange-rate pass-through is not well tested in common econometric specifications of pass-through equations. This is because (1) expected future exchange-rate changes are an important omitted variable in these estimations, and (2) the use of aggregate data complicates inference. Commodity-level estimates obtained from applying the Kalman filter are consistent with the apparent instability in aggregate pass-through. Moreover, by comparing these estimates to actual exchange-rate movements, the observed instability is found to be consistent with forward-looking behavior as posited. Copyright 1995 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0965-7576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Jaewoo, 1998. "Intertemporal substitution in imported durables," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 113-133, February.
- David C. Parsley, 2004.
"Pricing in International Markets: a "Small-country" Benchmark,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 509-524, 08.
- David C. Parsley, 2001. "Pricing in International Markets: A 'Small Country' Benchmark," Working Papers 112001, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- David Parsley, 2002. "Pricing in International Markets: a 'Small-Country' Benchmark," International Finance 0211002, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.