The Effect of EMU on Tourism
AbstractThis paper estimates the effect of the euro on intra-EMU tourist flows by using a panel dataset of 20 OECD countries over the period 1995-2002. The results reveal that the euro has increased tourism, with an effect of around 6.5%. This is a noticeable impact given the early stage of the EMU analyzed. The robustness checks show that the evidence of a positive impact is quite widespread across EMU destination countries. Copyright � 2006 The Authors; Journal compilation � 2007 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (05)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0965-7576
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helena Nemec Rudez & Stefan Bojnec, 2008. "Impacts of the Euro on the Slovenian Tourism Industry," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 6(4), pages 445-460.
- Jaume Roselló Nadal & María Santana Gallego, 2012. "Climate change and global international tourism: An evaluation for different scenarios," DEA Working Papers, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'EconomÃa Aplicada 52, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Groizard, José Luis & Marques, Helena & Gallego Santana, Maria, 2014. "Islands in trade: Disentangling distance from border effects," Economics Discussion Papers 2014-27, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- María Santana-Gallego & Francisco J. Ledesma-Rodríguez & Jorge V. Pérez-Rodríguez, 2007. "On the impact of exchange rate regimes on tourism," Working Papers, AsociaciÃ³n EspaÃ±ola de EconomÃa y Finanzas Internacionales 07-07, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Jaume Rosselló & Maria Santana-Gallego, 2014. "Recent trends in international tourist climate preferences: a revised picture for climatic change scenarios," Climatic Change, Springer, Springer, vol. 124(1), pages 119-132, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.