Technology, Employment and Wages
AbstractThis paper provides a critical review of the impact of technical change on the structure of relative wages and employment, and considers some alternative explanations for the immiseration of low skilled workers. In the absence of any clear and distinguishing policy blueprint, the paper also seeks to clarify the major issues raised by our discussion for employment policy. Copyright Fondazione Giacomo Brodolini and Blackwell Publishers Ltd 2001.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CEIS in its journal Labour.
Volume (Year): 15 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (06)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Via Columbia, 2 00133 Roma
Phone: 0039 06 2040234
Fax: 0039 06 2020687
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1121-7081
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rita Martins & Adelino Fortunato, 2005. "Residential water demand under block rates: a Portuguese case study," GEMF Working Papers 2005-09, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Yesim Ucdogruk, 2006. "Employment Impact of Product and Process Innovations in Turkey," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 6(1), pages 87-99.
- Adelino Fortunato & Daniel Murta, 2005. "Horizontal Differentiation and the survival of Train and Coach modes in medium range passenger transport, a welfare analysis comprising economies of scope and scale," GEMF Working Papers 2005-15, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Carlos José Fonseca Marinheiro, 2005.
"Sustainability of Portuguese Fiscal Policy in Historical Perspective,"
Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers)
32, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- Carlos Marinheiro, 2005. "Sustainability of Portuguese Fiscal Policy in Historical Perspective," GEMF Working Papers 2005-01, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Carlos Fonseca Marinheiro, 2005. "Sustainability of Portuguese Fiscal Policy in Historical Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 1399, CESifo Group Munich.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Matteo Lucchese & Mario Pianta, 2011.
"Job creation in business services:Innovation, Demand, Polarisation,"
1107, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2011.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Matteo Lucchese & Mario Pianta, 2011. "Job creation in business services: innovation, demand, polarisation," JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2011-04, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Pianta, Mario, 2010. "Innovation and Employment: a Reinvestigation using Revised Pavitt classes," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 799-809, July.
- Mario Coccia, 2012. "What are the effects of public debt on innovation and employment growth?," CERIS Working Paper 201206, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
- John T. Addison, 2005. "Politico-Economic Causes of Labor Regulation in the United States: Alliances and Raising Rivals’ Costs (and Sometimes Lowering One’s Own)," GEMF Working Papers 2005-08, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2008.
"The dynamics of the growth of firms: evidence from the services sector,"
Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 293-312, July.
- Blandina Oliveira & Adelino Fortunato, 2005. "The Dynamics of the Growth of Firms: Evidence from the Services Sector," GEMF Working Papers 2005-04, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Persefoni Tsaliki, 2008. "Economic development, human capital and technical change: the question of machinery revisited," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 55(4), pages 363-371, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.