The asymptotic variance of the estimated roots in a cointegrated vector autoregressive model
AbstractWe show that the asymptotic distribution of the estimated stationary roots in a vector autoregressive model is Gaussian. A simple expression for the asymptotic variance in terms of the roots and the eigenvectors of the companion matrix is derived. The results are extended to the cointegrated vector autoregressive model and we discuss the implementation of the results for complex roots. Copyright 2003 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Time Series Analysis.
Volume (Year): 24 (2003)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0143-9782
Other versions of this item:
- Soren JOHANSEN, 2001. "The Asymptotic Variance of the Estimated Roots in a Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Model," Economics Working Papers, European University Institute ECO2001/01, European University Institute.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harald Uhlig & Alexei Onatski, 2009.
"Unit Roots in White Noise,"
Working Papers, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics
2009-004, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Bent Nielsen & Heino Bohn Nielsen, 2008.
"Properties of estimated characteristic roots,"
Economics Series Working Papers
2008-WO7, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Bent Nielsen & Heino Bohn Nielsen, 2008. "Properties of etimated characteristic roots," Economics Papers 2008-W07, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Bent Nielsen & Heino Bohn Nielsen, 2008. "Properties of Estimated Characteristic Roots," Discussion Papers 08-13, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2002.
"Separation, Weak Exogeneity, And P-T Decomposition In Cointegrated Var Systems With Common Features,"
Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 273-307.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2002. "Separation, Weak Exogeneity and P-T Decomposition in Cointegrated VAR Systems with Common Features," CESifo Working Paper Series 660, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mauricio, Jose Alberto, 2006. "Exact maximum likelihood estimation of partially nonstationary vector ARMA models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 50(12), pages 3644-3662, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.