Fixed-Reimbursement Insurance: Basic Properties and Comparative Statics
AbstractIn a number of settings, insurance contracts specify a fixed reimbursement in the event of a loss which is not conditioned on the size of the realized loss. In this article, we explore the theoretical properties of this form of insurance and draw comparisons with other types of insurance policies, such as those based on coinsurance and deductibles. We also examine links between our results and those from the literature on precautionary saving. Copyright 2003 The Journal of Risk and Insurance.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by The American Risk and Insurance Association in its journal Journal of Risk & Insurance.
Volume (Year): 70 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.wiley.com/bw/journal.asp?ref=0022-4367&site=1
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & MAHUL, Olivier & MORAN, John, . "Fixed-reimbursement insurance: basic properties and comparative statics," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1619, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre & PONTHIERE, Grégory, 2012.
"The economics of long-term care: a survey,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2012030, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rachel J. Huang & Larry Y. Tzeng, 2006.
"The design of an optimal insurance contract for irreplaceable commodities,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(1), pages 11-21, July.
- Rachel Huang & Larry Tzeng, 2006. "The design of an optimal insurance contract for irreplaceable commodities," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 11-21, July.
- Mahul, Olivier, 2003. "Hedging With Individual And Index-Based Contracts," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22007, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.