The Importance Of Liquidity As A Factor In Asset Pricing
AbstractWe employ the Fama-French time-series regression approach to examine liquidity as a risk factor affecting stock returns. Prior studies establish liquidity as an important consideration in investment decisions. Here, liquidity is found to be an important factor affecting portfolio returns, even after the effects of market, size, book-to-market equity, and momentum are considered. Nonzero intercepts remain, however, indicating continued missing risk factors. 2007 The Southern Finance Association and the Southwestern Finance Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association in its journal Journal of Financial Research.
Volume (Year): 30 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0270-2592
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frestad, Dennis, 2012. "Liquidity and dirty hedging in the Nordic electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1341-1355.
- Lischewski, Judith & Voronkova, Svitlana, 2012. "Size, value and liquidity. Do They Really Matter on an Emerging Stock Market?," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 8-25.
- Márcio André Veras Machado & Otávio Ribeiro de Medeiros, 2012. "Does the liquidity effect exist in the brazilian stock market?," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 9(4), pages 27-50, October.
- Mamatzakis, E & Babalos, Vassilios & filipas, n, 2013. "Fund Performance Evaluation in Greece Revisited: Evidence from the Impact of Operational Attributes," MPRA Paper 51640, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Malay K. Dey & Chaoyan Wang, 2008. "Return Spread and Liquidity on Chinese ADRs," NFI Working Papers 2008-WP-09, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute.
- Dey, Malay K. & Wang, Chaoyan, 2012. "Return spread and liquidity: Evidence from Hong Kong ADRs," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 164-180.
- Márcio André Veras Machado & Márcia Reis Machado, 2014. "Liquidity and asset pricing:evidence from the Brazilian market," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 11(1), pages 69-89, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.