Controlling Greenhouse Gases: A Survey of Global Macroeconomic Studies
AbstractA conceptual framework which identifies the main determinants of the macroeconomic costs of abating greenhouse gases is developed. This is used to survey long-term quantitative studies of abatement, especially their modelling approaches and choices of key parameters. These studies suggest that each 20% abatement below business-as-usual emissions is likely to cost approximately 1% of gross world product. Copyright 1996 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Board of Trustees of the Bulletin of Economic Research
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Bulletin of Economic Research.
Volume (Year): 48 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0307-3378
Other versions of this item:
- Boero, G. & Clarke, R. & Winters, L.A., 1991. "Controlling Greenhouse Gases: A Survey of Global Macroeconomic Studies," Discussion Papers 91-25, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerlagh, Reyer & Dellink, Rob & Hofkes, Marjan & Verbruggen, Harmen, 2002. "A measure of sustainable national income for the Netherlands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 157-174, April.
- García Fernández, Cristina, 2006. "Cost-benefit Analysis and the Difficulty of Applying it to Climate Change/El análisis coste-beneficio y la dificultad de su aplicación al cambio climático," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 24, pages 639 (12 pÃ¡, Agosto.
- Xavier Labandeira & Miguel Rodriguez, 2004.
"The Effects of a Sudden CO2 reduction in Spain,"
- Edwards, T. Huw & Hutton, John P., 1999. "The Allocation of Carbon Permits within One Country : A General Equilibrium Analysis of the United Kingdom," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 540, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Edwards, T. Huw. & Hutton, John P., 2001. "Allocation of carbon permits within a country: a general equilibrium analysis of the United Kingdom," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 371-386, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.