Securitisation in Latin America
AbstractSecuritisation can transform ordinarily illiquid or risky assets into more liquid or less risky ones. Despite the recent rapid growth of securitisation, the Latin American market remains in its infancy, as reflected in the size and type of assets involved in transactions. Because of its benefits, further encouragement should be given to promoting this financing technique in the region. However, careful attention should also be paid to the associated risks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bank for International Settlements in its journal BIS Quarterly Review.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): (September)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacob Gyntelberg & Eli M Remolona, 2006. "Securitisation in Asia and the Pacific: implications for liquidity and credit risks," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Serge Jeanneau & Camilo E Tovar, 2006. "Domestic bond markets in Latin America: achievements and challenges," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, June.
- Serge Jeanneau & Camilo E Tovar, 2008. "Latin America’s local currency bond markets: an overview," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), New financing trends in Latin America: a bumpy road towards stability, volume 36, pages 46-64 Bank for International Settlements.
- Serge Jeanneau & Camilo E Tovar, 2008. "Financial stability implications of local currency bond markets: an overview of the risks," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), New financing trends in Latin America: a bumpy road towards stability, volume 36, pages 65-87 Bank for International Settlements.
- Lejot , Paul & Arner, Douglas & Schou-Zibell, Lotte, 2008. "Securitization in East Asia," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 12, Asian Development Bank.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2008. "Monetary and financial stability implications of capital flows in Latin America and the Caribbean," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 43, 8.
- Simon, Yves & Lautier, Delphine, 2009. "Titrisation : analyse économique et financière," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1224, Paris Dauphine University.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2012. "Securitization," NBER Working Papers 18611, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luis M. Cubeddu & Camilo Ernesto Tovar Mora & Evridiki Tsounta, 2012. "Latin America," IMF Working Papers 12/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Camilo E Tovar & Myriam Quispe-Agnoli, 2008. "New financing trends in Latin America," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), New financing trends in Latin America: a bumpy road towards stability, volume 36, pages 1-14 Bank for International Settlements.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Timo Laurmaa).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.