Challenges in Front of the Financing of the Innovation Active Small and Medium-sized Enterprises – Regional Prospects
AbstractIn Bulgaria exist regional disproportions related to the level of innovation activeness, and among the most unfavorable positions is the South East Planning Region (SEPR). On the other side, the innovative active small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are not open enough and do not demonstrate high level of financial sources absorption like investment funds, other companies working in their networks, etc. This sub-group experiences sharply the problems for covering their capital investments at some and overcapacity at other of them, but at the same time it is amazingly active in search for advice and assistance for development. Starting from such findings, the analyses in this study confirmed one of its hypothesis stating that the different financial instruments and schemes for promoting the business are required to undergo substantial adaptation in order to meet the certain needs of the innovation active SMEs and this is more related with their characteristics than with the regional specifics. Partly was rejected the other hypothesis stating that the innovation active SMEs in each of the regions and especially those in the SEPR, meet in a different degree the separate financial challenges in front of them.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its journal Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- O22 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Project Analysis
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O43 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cressy, Robert & Olofsson, Christer, 1997. " European SME Financing: An Overview," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 87-96, April.
- Berggren, Bjorn & Olofsson, Christer & Silver, Lars, 2000. " Control Aversion and the Search for External Financing in Swedish SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 233-42.
- Björn Berggren & Christer Olofsson & Lars Silver, 2000. "Control Aversion and The Search for External Financing in Swedish SMEs," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 233-242, November.
- Oecd, 2006. "The SME Financing Gap: Theory and Evidence," Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2006(2), pages 89-97.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diana Dimitrova).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.