Corporate Income Taxation Effects On Investment Decisions In The European Union
AbstractThe link between investment decisions undertaken by economic agents and corporateincome (profit) taxation is well documented in theoretical studies realized so far. But, the empiricalevidence is very mixed and do not provide clear answers regarding the magnitude of the taxationeffects on investment and the proper transmission channels for these effects. So, we propose toinvestigate the effects of corporate income (profit) tax burden on investment decision for a samplecomposed from EU Member States.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia in its journal Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
Contact details of provider:
corporate income taxation; investment; q theory;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Auerbach, Alan J. & Hassett, Kevin, 1992.
"Tax policy and business fixed investment in the United States,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 141-170, March.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Kevin Hassett, 1992. "Tax Policy and Business Fixed Investment in the United States," NBER Working Papers 3619, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hassett, Kevin A. & Hubbard, R. Glenn, 2002. "Tax policy and business investment," Handbook of Public Economics, in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 20, pages 1293-1343 Elsevier.
- Gareth D. Myles, 2009. "Economic Growth and the Role of Taxation-Theory," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 713, OECD Publishing.
- Austan Goolsbee, 1997.
"Investment Tax Incentives, Prices, and the Supply of Capital Goods,"
NBER Working Papers
6192, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Austan Goolsbee, 1998. "Investment Tax Incentives, Prices, And The Supply Of Capital Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 113(1), pages 121-148, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.