Efficiency-Based Restructuring Approach Of Romanian Economy
AbstractLarge-scale corporate restructuring made necessary by a financial crisis is one of the most daunting challenges faced by economic policymakers. The financial crisis at the end of 2008 has brought back , in the Romanian economy too, the problem of the negative economic growth, of the massive interenterprise arrears and the huge losses of the business operators (this time,privately owned) as well as the need for restructuring not only of the residual state portfolio or government entities, but also for the private sector through the means of market economy. A comprehensive strategy and methodology for restructuring, encompassing both the corporate and financial sectors, is put in place once the economic crisis in Romania is judged to be systemic in scope. The extent of the restructuring, the required resources and timing became the critical issues. These issues are and were compounded by contention for scarce resources, lack of legal framework, lack of expertise within the Romanian enterprises and inefficiencies resulting from the activity being carried out across the economy by various entities. The actions that will be taken have to be justified on a cost - benefit basis and measured to ensure that the desired results are achieved within a certain timeframe setting-up the concept of “Efficiency-Based Restructuring”. This concept was tested and proved to be competitive, during the large scale restructuring process of the mid nineties in Romania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi.
Volume (Year): 58 (2011)
Issue (Month): (november)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatea Al. I. Cuza; B-dul Carol I nr. 22; Iasi
Phone: 004 0232 201070
Fax: 004 0232 217000
Web page: http://anale.feaa.uaic.ro/anale/
More information through EDIRC
restructuring; liquidation; corporate governance; privatization; economic crisis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Croitoru Lucian, 2011. "O falsă problemă: compromisul între constrângerea externă şi imperativele sociale," Revista OEconomica, Romanian Society for Economic Science, Revista OEconomica, issue 01, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sireteanu Napoleon-Alexandru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.