The Influence of Credit on Farm Growth
AbstractThis study was based on the hypothesis that lenders to the rural sector have the potential to affect the rate of agricultural adjustment directly via capital formation. Multi-period linear programming models were developed to quantify the effects of lender policy on farm growth for wheat growing, dairy and sheep properties. Three basic models were used to represent different farm management types for each industry group of models. The models included the production, marketing, taxation, consumption and investment subsystems of the farm. Emphasis in these models was focused on the financial linkages between these various subsystems. In particular, the models investigated the effects of increases in trading bank credit on farm growth.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its journal Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 50 (1982)
Issue (Month): 03 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Agricultural Finance; Farm Management;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Taplin, J.H.E., 1966. "The Influence Of Working Capital On Farm Organization - How Appropriate Is A Linear Programming Analysis?," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 10(01), June.
- Ockwell, Anthony P. & Batterham, Robert L., 1980. "Nonprice Rationing Of Agricultural Credit By Two Trading Banks," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 24(03), December.
- A.P. Ockwell & Robert L. Batterham, 1980. "Nonprice Rationing Of Agricultural Credit By Two Trading Banks," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 24(3), pages 183-195, December.
- Renborg, Ulf, 1970. "Growth of the Agricultural Firm: Problems and Theories," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 38(02), June.
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.