The Single Index Market Model In Agriculture
AbstractThis study illustrates the differences in empirical results due to data measurements and estimating procedures when applying the single index market model in agriculture. Gross and net return betas along with systematic and unsystematic risk proportions are estimated and found to be different. The stochastic coefficients model is used to show the difference in beta-risk estimates compared with the traditional fixed coefficients OLS procedure. A third estimating technique, weighted least squares/Prais Winsten method, is also proposed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association in its journal Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P.A.V.B. Swamy & P.A. Tinsley, 1976.
"Linear prediction and estimation methods for regression models with stationary stochastic coefficients,"
Special Studies Papers
78, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Tinsley, P. A., 1980. "Linear prediction and estimation methods for regression models with stationary stochastic coefficients," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 103-142, February.
- P.A.V.B Swamy & A.B. Kennickell & P. von zur Muehlen, 1986. "Forecasting money demand with econometric models," Special Studies Papers 196, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Amegbeto, Koffi N. & Featherstone, Allen M., 1992. "Risk Costs And The Choice Of Market Return Index," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Blank, Steven C., 1993. "The Robustness Of Single Index Models In Crop Markets: A Multiple Index Model Test: Reply," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 18(01), July.
- Toth, Marian & Lancaric, Drahoslav & Piterkova, Andrea & Savov, Radovan & Rabek, Tomas, 2014. "Measuring Systematic Risk Of Unquoted Agricultural Farms," Acta Oeconomica et Informatica, Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra (FEM SPU);Association of Agricultural Economists in Slovakia (APES), vol. 17(1).
- Blank, Steven C., 1990. "Returns To Limited Crop Diversification," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(02), December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.