Supply Growth And Dairy Industry Deregulation
AbstractOptimal control models of aggregate milk supply and demand behavior are used to describe the optimal phasing of the deregulatory dairy price support in the presence of supply growth. Producers are assumed to face costs of adjustment, and are myopic with respect to price expectations and the adoption of the new quasi-fixed factor augmenting technology.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association in its journal Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 16 (1987)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Demand and Price Analysis; Livestock Production/Industries;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Westcott, Paul C., 1986. "A Quarterly Model of U.S. Dairy Sector and Some of Its Policy Implications," Technical Bulletins 157018, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance & Harry D. Gorter, 1985. "Regulation in a Dynamic Market: The U.S. Dairy Industry," Development Research Unit Working Paper Series archive-34, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Thraen, Cameron S. & Hammond, Jerome W., 1983. "Price Supports, Risk Aversion And U.S. Dairy Policy: An Alternative Perspective Of The Long-Term Impacts," Economic Reports 13034, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Pindyck, Robert S & Rotemberg, Julio J, 1983. "Dynamic Factor Demands and the Effects of Energy Price Shocks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 1066-79, December.
- Tanjuakio, Rodolfo V. & Gempesaw, Conrado M., II & Elterich, Joachim G., 1992. "An Optimal Control Framework For Inter - Regional Dairy Policy Analysis," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.