Beurteilung der technischen Effizienz der Agrarsektoren der EU-BeitrittslÃ¤nder anhand parametrischer und nichtparametrischer Analyseverfahren
AbstractThis paper employs Data Envelopment Analysis and Stochastic Frontier Analysis to examine the technical efficiency of the agricultural sectors of the Central and Eastern European accession Countries (CEECs) during the period 1998-2001. The results indicate that the agricultural sectors of many accession countries are both technically inefficient and scale-inefficient. The analysis of changes in total factor productivity suggests slow rates of adoption of technical progress, declining technical efficiency of agricultural enterprises and, as a result, less efficient use of existing technologies and resources during the considered time period.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics in its journal German Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 55 (2006)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
mittel- und osteuropÃ¤ische LÃ¤nder; Agrarsektoren; technische Effizienz; Skaleneffizienz; Data Envelopment Analysis; Stochastische Frontier Analyse; ProduktivitÃ¤tswachstum; Productivity Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Battese, George E. & Corra, Greg S., 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(03), December.
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Lissitsa, Alexej & Odening, Martin, 2001. "Effizienz und totale Faktor-produktivitat in der ukrainischen Landwirtschaft im Transformationsprozess," Working Paper Series 7391, Humboldt University Berlin, Department Agricultural Economics.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Kalirajan, K P & Shand, R T, 1999. " Frontier Production Functions and Technical Efficiency Measures," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 149-72, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.