The Implications of Electronic Commerce for Fiscal Policy (and Vice Versa)
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 15 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (Winter)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Austan Goolsbee, 2006.
"The Value of Broadband and the Deadweight Loss of Taxing New Technology,"
NBER Working Papers
11994, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goolsbee Austan, 2006. "The Value of Broadband and the Deadweight Loss of Taxing New Technology," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-31, April.
- Austan Goolsbee, 2001. "Competition in the Computer Industry," NBER Working Papers 8351, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul, 1994.
"New goods, old theory, and the welfare costs of trade restrictions,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 5-38, February.
- Paul M. Romer, 1994. "New Goods, Old Theory, and the Welfare Costs of Trade Restrictions," NBER Working Papers 4452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Austan Goolsbee, 1998.
"In a World Without Borders: The Impact of Taxes on Internet Commerce,"
NBER Working Papers
6863, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Austan Goolsbee, 2000. "In A World Without Borders: The Impact Of Taxes On Internet Commerce," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 115(2), pages 561-576, May.
- Jerry Hausman, 1998.
"Taxation by Telecommunications Regulation,"
in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 12, pages 29-48
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry A. Hausman, 1997. "Valuing the Effect of Regulation on New Services in Telecommunications," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1997 Micr), pages 1-54.
- Trandel, Gregory A., 1992. "Evading the use tax on cross-border sales : Pricing and welfare effects," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 313-331, December.
- Kristian, BEHRENS & Johnathan H. HAMILTON & Gianmarco I.P., OTTAVIANO, 2007.
"Commodity tax competition and industry location under the destination - and the origin - principle,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques)
2007020, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Behrens, Kristian & Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2009. "Commodity tax competition and industry location under the destination and the origin principle," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 422-433, July.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & HAMILTON, Jonathan H. & OTTAVIANO, Gianmarco I.P. & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2007. "Commodity tax competition and industry location under the destination- and the origin-principle," CORE Discussion Papers 2007034, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Elgin, Ceyhun, 2013.
"Internet usage and the shadow economy: Evidence from panel data,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 111-121.
- Ceyhun Elgin, 2012. "Internet Usage and the Shadow Economy: Evidence from Panel Data," Working Papers 2012/09, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- David Paton & Donald S. Siegel & Leighton Vaughan Williams, 2002. "A Policy Response To The E--Commerce Revolution: The Case Of Betting Taxation In The UK," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(480), pages F296-F314, June.
- Behrens, Kristian & Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I.P. & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2007. "Commodity tax harmonization and the location of industry," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 271-291, July.
- Gao, Maija & Hyytinen, Ari & Toivanen, Otto, 2005. "Demand for Mobile Internet: Evidence from a Real-World Pricing Experiment," Discussion Papers 964, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.