Third-Degree Price Discrimination in Input Markets: Output and Welfare
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 90 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Monopoly
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schwartz, Marius, 1990. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination and Output: Generalizing a Welfare Result," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1259-62, December.
- Varian, Hal R, 1985. "Price Discrimination and Social Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 870-75, September.
- DeGraba, Patrick, 1990. "Input Market Price Discrimination and the Choice of Technology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1246-53, December.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1981.
"Output and Welfare Implications of Monopolistic Third-Degree Price Discrimination,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 242-47, March.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Output and welfare implications of monopolistic third-degree price discrimination," Working papers 1095-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Katz, Michael L, 1987. "The Welfare Effects of Third-Degree Price Discrimination in," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 154-67, March.
- Ramón Faulí-Oller & Lluís Bru & Joel Sandonís, 2006.
"Partial Price Discrimination By An Upstream Monopolist,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2006-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Lluís Bru & Ramon Faulí-Oller & Joel Sandonís, 2011. "Partial price discrimination by an upstream monopolist," SERIEs, Spanish Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 217-231, June.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:17:y:2007:i:2:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beladi, Hamid & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2012. "Market structure and strategic bi-sourcing," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 210-219.
- Roman Inderst & Tommaso Valletti, 2009.
"Price discrimination in input markets,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 40(1), pages 1-19.
- Karp, Larry & Perloff, Jeffrey, 2011. "The iPhone Goes Downstream: Mandatory Universal Distributionâˆ—," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt7vc007jh, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Tomomichi Mizuno, 2010. "How do market structures affect decisions on vertical integration/separation?," ISER Discussion Paper 0770, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Valletti, Tommaso, 2002.
"Input Price Discrimination with Downstream Cournot Competitors,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3570, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Valletti, Tommaso M., 2003. "Input price discrimination with downstream Cournot competitors," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 969-988, September.
- Salim, Claudia, 2009. "Optional linear input prices in vertical relations," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 258, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Edward Lopez & David Molina, 2010. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination: Apology Not Necessary," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(4), pages 383-397, December.
- James Langenfeld & Wenqing Li & George Schink, 2003. "Economic Literature on Price Discrimination and its Application to the Uniform Pricing of Gasoline," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 179-193.
- Francisco Galera & Jesús M. Zaratiegui, 2003.
"Welfare and Output in Third-Degree Price Discrimination: a Note,"
Faculty Working Papers
07/03, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Galera, Francisco & Zaratiegui, Jesus M., 2006. "Welfare and output in third-degree price discrimination: A note," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 605-611, May.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:12:y:2007:i:31:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Müller & Fabian Herweg, 2009. "Price Discrimination in Input Markets: Downstream Entry and Welfare," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse06_2010, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Malueg, David A. & Snyder, Christopher M., 2006. "Bounding the relative profitability of price discrimination," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 995-1011, September.
- Shigeru Matsumoto & Hajime Sugeta, 2007. "Antitrust Policy and Environmental Protection," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 17(2), pages 1-10.
- Kim, Jeong-Yoo & Nahm, Jae, 2007. "Reexamining the effect of the most-favored-nation provision in input prices on R and D incentives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 201-217, February.
- Alexandrov, Alexei & Deb, Joyee, 2012. "Price discrimination and investment incentives," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 615-623.
- Dertwinkel-Kalt, Markus & Haucap, Justus & Wey, Christian, 2013. "Input price discrimination (bans), entry and welfare," DICE Discussion Papers 99, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Chrysovalantou Milliou, 2013. "Location of Foreign Direct Investment in Vertically Related Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 4117, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pei-Cheng Liao, 2010. "Discriminatory input pricing and strategic delegation," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(4), pages 263-276.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.